We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
You go to find cities where you can thrive, your kids can thrive, and you can build wealth.

We choose to live in New Orleans because we want to. We’ve set ourselves up to succeed, that goes for our kids as well. I’m not naive about the challenges in our city, but I’m also not dumb enough to believe that those challenges don’t exist in every major city North or South.

We know that our survival in this city depends on being educated and building wealth. I’m sure that’s the same for every major city too, FWIW I don’t consider New Orleans a major city.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
You wish that was true lil Haiti
I be
tumblr_no8ngcDRfN1sk6x9qo1_400.gif

Obese ass nikka

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
We don't want yall back.. Yall ancestors ran away when shyt got crucial :mjpls:

The same ppl who left the South then, are the same ppl who either challenged WS in the 20's and onward, that or their children/grandchildren did. :hubie:

The Black Panther Party were made up of ppl from Chicago; Oakland, NY, etc. Their parents likely moved to those places from the Carolinas; Mississippi, Louisiana, etc. :hubie:

The LA uprising of 1992, was likely made up of the children/grandchildren of Louisiana and Mississippi migrants. :hubie:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Birmingham Alabama has a lot of potential as well:yeshrug:
Alabama taking off. Opportunities in Mobile, Bham, and Huntsville. I grew up in Biloxi, Miss and was a skip away from Mobile. Folks used to work in Mobile, and was getting paid. Also been in Montgomery numerous times. I got love for Bama.