We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Are you retarded :gucci: I thought your people left babies like you in the elements to die because you’re the first weak Haitian I’ve ever encountered. All of my friends that are Haitian would probably disown you. I think you’re like that reject from 300
y5X6JZ.gif
Don’t nobody want your ass:pacspit:

Shows facts and then gets called retarded by a poster just yapping

:laff:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
There's more than enough black people in the south already

Most cities in the south are majority black and the cities in Texas(Dallas and Houston) aren't majority black but they both have a million blacc ppl in their metro

We need blacc ppl in other regions just as much as we need blacc ppl down south

Hell tbh if anything it should be the other way around

Blacc ppl in shyt places like Mississippi n Arkansas should start migrating to real cities

Someone on city data said that in places like Mississippi and Arkansas people tend to just accept their conditions.

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
There are Thriving FBA communities in the Northeast and the most impoverished struggling black communities are not in the northeast.

Nice try tho.

We can play the stat game if you like?
Compared to the south nikkas ain’t thriving and owning shyt like that in the NE.
Not even close.

Never said the most impoverished communities was in the country was in the NE either.

I never specified “home ownership” neither.
Stop putting words in my mouth.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Compared to the south nikkas ain’t thriving and owning shyt like that in the NE.
Not even close.

Never said the most impoverished communities was in the country was in the NE either.

Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Alabama are literally the poorest states in America.

Compared to those states the Northeast is better by a landslide.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Yo what is this image I need to know! My name is on here and im in SC! Please send the info!

"Radical members of the first legislature after the war, South Carolina" · SHEC: Resources for Teachers

Radical members of the first legislature after the war, South Carolina

"Radical members of the first legislature after the war, South Carolina"
Newly enfranchised African Americans in South Carolina, who heavily outnumbered whites, were able to elect a black majority to the state house of representatives for every session but one during the Reconstruction era. Although whites who opposed Reconstruction policies often pointed to South Carolina as an example of corruption, the new state assembly passed laws ensuring funding for public education, securing the franchise for all men, and protecting civil rights.

View High-resolution

Radical Members of the First Legislature After the War, South Carolina. Shorey, Photographer, 105 W. Balto. St. Baltimore, Md.
SOURCE | "Radical members of the first legislature after the war, South Carolina," photographic montage, c. 1876, from Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/h?pp/PPALL:@field(NUMBER+@1(cph+3a28827)).
CREATOR | Shorey
ITEM TYPE | Photograph
CITE THIS DOCUMENT | Shorey, “"Radical members of the first legislature after the war, South Carolina",” SHEC: Resources for Teachers, accessed January 9, 2021, "Radical members of the first legislature after the war, South Carolina" · SHEC: Resources for Teachers.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I'm good.

Find me a job where I can make between 78k (base) to 150k with full medical benefits except for dental after I retire (my son is covered until he's 26), a 500k life insurance death benefit etc etc etc

Without requiring any kind of college degree.

Is there anything available like outside of NYC?

When you take into consideration COL that 75k in Queens is equal to about 50k in ATL. My dad was MTA, them blue collar govt jobs haven't seen their wages keep up with NYC COL. Cats are making damn near what my dad was making in 99' and their dollar doesn't go as far. Further, pensions and benefits are likely going to take a hit because of the impact of coronavirus accelerating pre-existing budget issues.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
@Hungerpain what do you mean by thriving home ownership? In almost every city in America black people home ownership rates are below 50%. You don’t know what the word “thriving” means.

Black home ownership is higher in the South than any region.

Mapping the black homeownership gap

A lot of it is due to legacy and passed down real estate.

And yes - homeownership rates are low -- but it's systematic reasons why.

Also, Black American who have owned homes and do own homes are often targeted for refinances, and liens for bills such as water and trash. On TOP of over taxed homes.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Black home ownership is higher in the South than any region.

Mapping the black homeownership gap

Most of it is due to legacy and passed down real estate.

And yes - homeownership rates are low -- but it's systematic reasons why.

Also, Black American who have owned homes and do own homes are often targeted for refinances, and liens for bills such as water and trash. On TOP of over taxed homes.

Blacks homeownership is under 50% in 90% of cities.