We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Live in Texas and believe this brehs

how-big-is-france-compared-to-texas-1.png

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Solid article. The electoral college will always serve as a barrier to Black folks gaining more leverage overall, plus Black folks are generally not interested in moving to places like Colorado and New Mexico and so racking up votes in southern states may be the best option. Black political leverage got a big jolt by what happened in Georgia, even provided someone like myself who leans more towards the nihilistic side a glimmer of hope. Further, political leverage in the north is seemingly getting weaker and will likely get even weaker with Affirmative Action probably being undermined soon, which will impact not only Black white-collar professionals but also Black folks who aspire to gain positions in well paying blue-collar government jobs.

The person in the article claimed that black folks are too municipal up north. That’s dumb. The main issue with black people overall is that they do not focus on their local black politicians to begin with.

Black people should take care of their communities first.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
I'm good.

Find me a job where I can make between 78k (base) to 150k with full medical benefits except for dental after I retire (my son is covered until he's 26), a 500k life insurance death benefit etc etc etc

Without requiring any kind of college degree.

Is there anything available like outside of NYC?

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
We left the south for a reason. All the jobs and money are in the major cities which are mostly in the north. That is changing with cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and Raleigh. However there is still not enough industry to support millions of returning black ppl and the poverty will just be transferred down south. However us moving down south and controlling it politically is still probably our best play best the east, Midwest and west coast black communities are all done for.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I'm good.

Find me a job where I can make between 78k (base) to 150k with full medical benefits except for dental after I retire (my son is covered until he's 26), a 500k life insurance death benefit etc etc etc

Without requiring any kind of college degree.

Is there anything available like outside of NYC?

Chicago and Cali maybe

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
The person in the article claimed that black folks are too municipal up north. That’s dumb. The main issue with black people overall is that they do not focus on their local black politicians to begin with.

Black people should take care of their communities first.

Given the context, I'm safely presuming that he's implying that statewide power has more impact, which is correct.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
We left the south for a reason. All the jobs and money are in the major cities which are mostly in the north. That is changing with cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and Raleigh. However there is still not enough industry to support millions of returning black ppl and the poverty will just be transferred down south. However us moving down south and controlling it politically is still probably our best play best the east, Midwest and west coast black communities are all done for.

this is a major issue with black people. We seem to focus more on politics than money.

Which makes no sense cause who do politicians bend over to? Wealthy and rich people

:deadmanny:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
That's not entirely true

one of the reason DACA was passed was because of consistent pressure from immigration rights groups

this is a major issue with black people. We seem to focus more on politics than money.

Which makes no sense cause who do politicians bend over to? Wealthy and rich people

:deadmanny:

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I'm down to move back to the South, but if I were to do that, it wouldn't be because of racism.

The Black belt is still a thing, and if we could make that work, I would do it.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Folk can come, but if they gone be on that “where I’m from we..” or “people are so slow and country down here” shyt, then you can stay where you’re at.

If the goal is to build and unite, then you need to come correct.
I feel like all of us ADOS should get on the same page, even if some don't want to move back to the South.

We need more of an understanding of where we come from and who we are.