We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
And black people are being pushed out of their neighborhoods by cacs just like up north, so what good is the political power doing?

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We left the south for a reason. All the jobs and money are in the major cities which are mostly in the north. That is changing with cities like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta and Raleigh. However there is still not enough industry to support millions of returning black ppl and the poverty will just be transferred down south. However us moving down south and controlling it politically is still probably our best play best the east, Midwest and west coast black communities are all done for.

There is not enough industry in the North to support Black people, which is why there is such high rates of poverty in Black neighborhoods in Northern cities. Then you have to factor in stuff like underemployment, higher taxes, bad weather, police fukkery, etc.

The cost of living in the South is much less so the quality of life is actually higher in many areas of the South and when you add in better weather and lower taxes then the trade off to me is worth it.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Black people should be living in major metro areas. I don’t care how black or white it is. Africans seem to understand this concept.

There should be a thriving black community in all cities across every region in America.

14 million blacks people living in one region with only 5 major hubs doesn’t even sound economically intelligent

:picard:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Come-on back home family and get a plate :myman: but don’t touch the grill,y’all can’t cook like us yet:mjpls:
tenor.gif
Don’t bring any bullshyt this way, talking bout a damn chopped cheese sandwich:hhh:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Yea but he only spoke about 1 state in that entire article.

outside of GA there is no other state even close to doing what they are doing politically.

With Texas and North Carolina increasingly turning purple, the degree of migration doesn't need to be as high as it was in Georgia in order for there to be an increase in Black political leverage.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Southern whites a different animal.

Bring your behinds down there if you want and they will make sure to starve you and themselves to make it as inhospitable as possible.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
With Texas and North Carolina increasingly turning purple, the degree of migration doesn't need to be as high as it was in Georgia in order for there to be an increase in Black political leverage.

Texas? I see Mexicans being the power structure of that state. Every major Texas city majority Mexican and they vote blue also but their blue votes favor their ethnic group primarily.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Come-on back home family and get a plate :myman: but don’t touch the grill,y’all can’t cook like us yet:mjpls:
tenor.gif
Don’t bring any bullshyt this way, talking bout a damn chopped cheese sandwich:hhh:

Stop.

Y'all ain't got not one grrasy spoon worth a damn. If so what it is?
Where it is?

Don't believe this shyt. That southern bbq shyt not shyt. to being in the hood and getting a bag of fries with salt pepper and mild sauce. Let alone some Harold's docks, italian fiesta, twisted spoke etc.

Don't believe that bullahit. This southern shyt living in the olden times like my daughter would say. Definitely don't listen to someone from thr south who never drew in the three major metropolitan areas in America. shyt a bonafide road trip for everything face ass lie. gotta go on tour to get a blunt and gas at the gas station.

Art Barr

Don't believe this southern lie. Plus that shkt a burlesque based zone with nuffin but mother matriarch military trickbabyism affected through out. Don't believe that trapped in 1997 groundhog bone fan in 2020 shyt they talembout.

Don't believe a word of it.

I am still waiting on who this dj is that is so dope too.

Art Barr

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Southern whites a different animal.

Bring your behinds down there if you want and they will make sure to starve you and themselves to make it as inhospitable as possible.

Nah they are white supremacists just like the Northern whites but are too stupid to be covert and telegraph their moves.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
it's od west.indian african all types of diasporan fam uptop

most my fam has moved south after touching down initially in nyc

for me there are different things every location is good for

being raised uptop built my mental but summers in the south made me appreciate a easier lifestyle

nyc is where you start you get your culture & education then go enjoy the rest of the map