We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Come-on back home family and get a plate :myman: but don’t touch the grill,y’all can’t cook like us yet:mjpls:
tenor.gif
Don’t bring any bullshyt this way, talking bout a damn chopped cheese sandwich:hhh:

Your bum ass can’t cook

:laff::laff:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
like people in the South never talk down on other Southerners

Please.

Folk can come, but if they gone be on that “where I’m from we..” or “people are so slow and country down here” shyt, then you can stay where you’re at.

If the goal is to build and unite, then you need to come correct.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Stop.

Y'all ain't got not one grrasy spoon worth a damn. If so what it is?
Where it is?

Don't believe this shyt. That southern bbq shyt not shyt. to being in the hood and getting a bag of fries with salt pepper and mild sauce. Let alone some Harold's docks, italian fiesta, twisted spoke etc.

Don't believe that bullahit. This southern shyt living in the olden times like my daughter would say. Definitely don't listen to someone from thr south who never drew in the three major metropolitan areas in America. shyt a bonafide road trip for everything face ass lie. gotta go on tour to get a blunt and gas at the gas station.

Art Barr

Don't believe this southern lie. Plus that shkt a burlesque based zone with nuffin but mother matriarch military trickbabyism affected through out. Don't believe that trapped in 1997 groundhog bone fan in 2020 shyt they talembout.

Don't believe a word of it.

I am still waiting on who this dj is that is so dope too.

Art Barr
3CxzC9n.gif

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I'm good.

Find me a job where I can make between 78k (base) to 150k with full medical benefits except for dental after I retire (my son is covered until he's 26), a 500k life insurance death benefit etc etc etc

Without requiring any kind of college degree.

Is there anything available like outside of NYC?
That available in every major city if you’re a professional.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Texas? I see Mexicans being the power structure of that state. Every major Texas city majority Mexican and they vote blue also but their blue votes favor their ethnic group primarily.

My post didn't say anything about "being the power structure" but focused on an increase in political leverage. Mexicans may have demographic advantages throughout Texas but it would be in our best interests if the disparities weren't large.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Others have objected: Isn’t the North just better for Black people than the South?

Many Black people are leery of the South, if not afraid of it. They still have in their minds a retrograde South: dirty and dusty, overgrown and underdeveloped, a third-world region in a first-world country. They see a region that is unenlightened and repressive, overrun by religious zealots and open racists. The caricatures have calcified: hillbillies and banjos, Confederate flags and the Ku Klux Klan.

To be sure, all of that is here. But racism is more evenly distributed across the country than we are willing to admit.

I can't believe Mr. Blow wrote this.

He should know better as a Lousiana native and Grambling grad.

What Black people? Many? NAH. How are we afraid of somewhere we always lived, visited -- and family is still at?

Who thinks this about the South?

I see what the Mr. Blow was trying to do. But, it comes off wrong and disconnected.