We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo I remember back in the days dudes was putting them big rims on old school cars all that mess is attracting attention from law enforcement. I’m saying dudes need to stop being flashy especially if you not riding clean.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I’m telling you what I know from living in the south. I love black people being a black man but I’m going to be real honest there’s a profile if you avoid fitting in that box you can avoid law enforcement sad to say but it’s true.

You're white.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
What I’m saying is if you’re black here be on top of your game don’t give law enforcement no reason to come your way.
Make sure your tags up to date
Make sure your headlights working
Keep your seatbelt on
Don’t ride dirty

Just using common sense can limit your interaction with law enforcement and that can prevent dudes from any kind of charges.

I get keeping your nose clean, but the South seems so hostile and the lookout for anything overtly Black.
Not that the midwest or north east are any better, but it just seems more extreme and entrenched down there.
The whole South is practically under the boot of maga politicians, and their talk seriously frightens me.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get keeping your nose clean, but the South seems so hostile and the lookout for anything overtly Black.
Not that the midwest or north east are any better, but it just seems more extreme and entrenched down there.
The whole South is practically under the boot of maga politicians, and their talk seriously frightens me.
Maybe they still mad they lost the civil war? They definitely wave that confederate flag proudly nevertheless. Know your surroundings and adapt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yo I remember back in the days dudes was putting them big rims on old school cars all that mess is attracting attention from law enforcement. I’m saying dudes need to stop being flashy especially if you not riding clean.

shyt, if you drive anything nicer than a used Toyota Carolla, you getting pulled over down south. Forget driving a luxury car like a BMW or a Benz.

Living life with your tail tucked in, sounds like a miserable existence.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Aren't laws in the South generally more draconian and sentencing extreme and severe?
Are Black people in the South more likely to get profiled and arrested as opposed to elsewhere or its equal?

just stick to the blue cities and you'll be straight.

you move to DFW/HOU or ATL? life is good. the rest of TX and GA ?

good luck :mjpls:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Always good to drop this in here so hyperbolic rhetorical examples aren't given too much weight :troll:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
shyt, if you drive anything nicer than a used Toyota Carolla, you getting pulled over down south. Forget driving a luxury car like a BMW or a Benz.

Living life with your tail tucked in, sounds like a miserable existence.
Most you dudes don't even own houses up north talking about whipping something better than a Carolla.

" Chart 3 reveals that differential educational attainment between white and Black New York State residents does not fully account for these wide wealth discrepancies. For those with a high school degree (or equivalent) only, the white median household net worth is $101,200, while the Black median household net worth is $18,070—a ratio of 5.6. For those with a bachelor’s degree, the gap is significantly wider: $443,619 for white B.A. holders versus $32,000 for Black B.A. holders—a ratio of 13.9. Notably, the median white New Yorker with a high school degree still has a net worth over three times greater than the median Black New Yorker with a bachelor’s degree."

Median black household net worth is 18,070 up there and y'all talking BMW's and Benzes. Cut it out :comeon: