WE KNOW! Tyler Perry: 'I Have No Writers Room. Nobody Writes Any of My Work.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
but if you're already not a fan of his and never were, why should he care for the criticism. If his fanbase starts to erode then that's one thing.

And comparing his shyt to the minstrel show fukkery of reality tv with lots of our people with cacjoo producers eating off the bullshyt, I'd take TP's shows anyday.

You can still be a fan of his while also criticizing his work.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Absolutely.

It's been years and he still hasn't really changed (granted, I see him "trying" to get better).

I enjoyed and never really had a problem with his work until I saw Temptations for the first time and that’s when it became glaring of his inabilities as a writer.

It a lot of things that were glanced over or never followed up on that could have been helped if he had a writers room. The ending of the movie is a whole different discussion.

Last edited:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Tyler wants to keep all the money, that's what it's about. He won't let writers unionize when he did hire them for House of Payne. I knew a few people that worked for him and they said it was a nightmare. Cameras in every room recording your every move, everything you say, you gotta call him Mr. Perry, don't look him in the eyes.

And at this point with all the money you've grossed. You can't keep feeding the people bullshyt, eventually people grow tired of the same exact shyt. Also you need to gain new fans, the older black demographic will eventually die out in the literal sense. You need to keep appealing to various fan bases. He needs to humble himself and realize his business has grown beyond just his vision and his scope.
What's with all these celebrities not wanting ppl to look them in the eye shyt

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I enjoyed and never really had a problem with his work until I saw Temptations for the first time and that’s when it became glaring of his inabilities as a writer.

It a lot of things that were glanced over or never followed up on that could have been helped if had a writers room. The ending of the movie is a whole different discussion.

nikka, the end of Why Did I Get Married 2

T70tN0S.gif

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
but if you're already not a fan of his and never were, why should he care for the criticism. If his fanbase starts to erode then that's one thing.

And comparing his shyt to the minstrel show fukkery of reality tv with lots of our people with cacjoo producers eating off the bullshyt, I'd take TP's shows anyday.

But that's the issue. Quality control can expand your fan base, plus a great deal of cutting corners is the reason he was able to amass so much so quickly. I respect TP's business side but it reminds me of No Limit and the quantity over quality model. I would support TP more with better quality writing. He is not a great writer.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
But that's the issue. Quality control can expand your fan base, plus a great deal of cutting corners is the reason he was able to amass so much so quickly. I respect TP's business side but it reminds me of No Limit and the quantity over quality model. I would support TP more with better quality writing. He is not a great writer.

don't even disagree, but his fanbase is locked in and his empire is still growing. If he feels he doesn't need to change, and the results clearly show he doesn't, then :yeshrug:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
This right here is the problem with the internet, being disrespectful for the sake of being disrespectful because you're behind a screen and can't be touched.

No one here is being inflammatory except you, every one has posted their opinion and kept it moving but here you are, calling people pathetic or c00ns for having a different opinion

:shaq2: I make NO APOLOGIES for what I said

And if you wanna reach out and touch basis with me I am very accessible

Me and you have talked before ...

So that line of communication is always open god

This thread was beyond just a civil critique

It is rooted in the same orgin of hate that most of these posters have had for Tyler ..."he is a c00n".."he is a minstrel act"

Tyler ain't here to defend himself but I am

And I was appalled by what's being said just last week y'all was all on his nuts celebrating him for opening that studio

Now you got lil fukkbwoys in here wishing "he loses his studio"..."he fails"

Sounds very Inflammatory to me....

But I'll let you cook :mjpls:

It's the same recipe of disaster that destroys us as a people

A roasting pot of SELF HATE from underachieveing black men oh my bad

#ADOS inc.
:russ:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:shaq2: I make NO APOLOGIES for what I said

And if you wanna reach out and touch basis with me I am very accessible

Me and you have talked before ...

So that line of communication is always open god

This thread was beyond just a civil critique

It is rooted in the same orgin of hate that most of these posters have had for Tyler ..."he is a c00n".."he is a minstrel act"

Tyler ain't here to defend himself but I am

And I was appalled by what's being said just last week y'all was all on his nuts celebrating him for opening that studio

Now you got lil fukkbwoys in here wishing "he loses his studio"..."he fails"

Sounds very Inflammatory to me....

But I'll let you cook :mjpls:

It's the same recipe of disaster that destroys us as a people

A roasting pot of SELF HATE from underachieveing black men oh my bad

#ADOS inc.
:russ:

You typed a lot of nothing.

Most people said having writers could help him and kept it respectful.

You're being disrespectful because you're hiding behind a screen.