WE KNOW! Tyler Perry: 'I Have No Writers Room. Nobody Writes Any of My Work.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Link them :francis:

Certainly, they're right under his video on facebook but here you go:

Emeka Mbadiwe
I wonder sometimes if Tyler Perry is a human being, or a machine.
I don't know, nor have I heard of anyone with this kind of work ethic.
Thank you Tyler for showing the world what is Possible.

Lois Williams
Wow, thanks for all of the entertainment. Love your shows. Happy New Year and looking for many more in the future.

Teressa Laughlin
Love every bit of it. Thank you Tyler Perry.
No one can come close to the programs that you have produce.
The movies you're number one (#1) in my book

Dana Elliott
We need more “ If loving you is wrong”. It kind of left us hanging and that show is amazing

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
It's not as Horrible as your MISERABLE LIFE

Where is your award winning screenplay Fukkbwoy
:umad:

Y'all some bitter haters ...Tyler don't y'all shyt...

He did it on his own

I'm mad?

This niqqa was getting misty, sniffling and blinking his eyes slowly while writing this passionate defense of Tyler Perry

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope he gets destroyed for this. This is part of the reason why he is constantly producing dog shyt films/tv shows. The man built his OWN studio and instead of hiring some of the best black screenwriters in the world to produce great black content, he writers drivel and essentially, blocks great black creators from having their voices heard.

I thought that was the whole point of this man opening his studio... to provide those opportunities but I guess if he opened up those writer rooms, he’d get questioned on his c00nery and stereotypical tropes on black life :francis:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
as a writer myself. I can see why tyler doesn't want to do it. They are his characters and stories. adding other writers introduces elements and agendas that you never meant for your stories.
As a businessman, I can see that tyler will eventually have to hire writers. what's going to happen if he can't write because he's busy, sick, etc? He needs to just groom some young writers in some 20's so they'll be faithful to the brand in the future.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, not having a writers when you operate so many movies and shows is BULLshyt. I don't care what you accomplished you cannot do this biz without help. His movies suck, his tv shows suck. They generate revenue but you got damn near a billion and can't help out your brothers & sisters in ATL get they feet wet in this biz with a few writing jobs that increase your art as well? Then wtf are we supporting if TP studios isn't supporting the community that supports him? Empowerment is also about empowering your bros & sis behinds the lens.

All of this... ALL OF IT..

The studio just opened, so im patient..

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
In all seriousness,,Tyler Perry writings/scripts is for majority older black women in his age range and above and that’s his focus

could he hire other writings.. yes

but I believe at this point in his life and the success his films and his tv shows had among his core audience, he like why adapt now

he probably will change once those numbers drops

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
as a writer myself. I can see why tyler doesn't want to do it. They are his characters and stories. adding other writers introduces elements and agendas that you never meant for your stories.
As a businessman, I can see that tyler will eventually have to hire writers. what's going to happen if he can't write because he's busy, sick, etc? He needs to just groom some young writers in some 20's so they'll be faithful to the brand in the future.

Tyler wants to keep all the money, that's what it's about. He won't let writers unionize when he did hire them for House of Payne. I knew a few people that worked for him and they said it was a nightmare. Cameras in every room recording your every move, everything you say, you gotta call him Mr. Perry, don't look him in the eyes.

And at this point with all the money you've grossed. You can't keep feeding the people bullshyt, eventually people grow tired of the same exact shyt. Also you need to gain new fans, the older black demographic will eventually die out in the literal sense. You need to keep appealing to various fan bases. He needs to humble himself and realize his business has grown beyond just his vision and his scope.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I hope he gets destroyed for this. This is part of the reason why he is constantly producing dog shyt films/tv shows. The man built his OWN studio and instead of hiring some of the best black screenwriters in the world to produce great black content, he writers drivel and essentially, blocks great black creators from having their voices heard.

I thought that was the whole point of this man opening his studio... to provide those opportunities but I guess if he opened up those writer rooms, he’d get questioned on his c00nery and stereotypical tropes on black life :francis:

You are PATHETIC

If you never been to Tyler Perry studios in ATL I suggest you STFU

because he has hired plenty of black people to work at his studio

Fukking hateful clowns ...

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Tyler wants to keep all the money, that's what it's about. He won't let writers unionize when he did hire them for House of Payne. I knew a few people that worked for him and they said it was a nightmare. Cameras in every room recording your every move, everything you say, you gotta call him Mr. Perry, don't look him in the eyes.

And at this point with all the money you've grossed. You can't keep feeding the people bullshyt, eventually people grow tired of the same exact shyt. He needs to humble himself and realize his business has grown beyond just his vision and his scope.
then it's sad but his business will die in 30 years. Imagine if Disney never hired new writers and artists after let's say 1980 they wouldn't be a thing now.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
If he starts bringing in different writers and directors, he's gonna be forced to pay them based on their union rules.

He's notorious for using non union talent on his shyt to keep the costs low. He filmed BOO! Madea in SIX days.

His business model works if he does everything himself.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:manny: His writing is hit or miss but you can’t deny the results.
TP is also known for shooting very fast, not doing many takes, and like i said in the other post - he shot Madea BOO Haloween in 6 days!! :mindblown:

to put that in perspective, this entire SCENE was shot in 3 days:

He doesn't deal w/unions so he can skirt around long costly shoots, combine that with this here and we're starting to see how he really makes his money - he doesn't like paying anybody.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps

This.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
If he starts bringing in different writers and directors, he's gonna be forced to pay them based on their union rules.

He's notorious for using non union talent on his shyt to keep the costs low. He filmed BOO! Madea in SIX days.

His business model works if he does everything himself.

He will fizzle out. Either burn out from the workload or people will get tired of the shyt. You can't keep cutting corners for the sake of making more money. Long term preservation of your studio requires you to invest some of that money into behind the scenes talent. I just don't get it, you got all those colleges in ATL. You can pay these young nikkas peanuts and a writing credit with no backend. You ain't got to come off much.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
TP is also known for shooting very fast, not doing many takes, and like i said in the other post - he shot Madea BOO Haloween in 6 days!! :mindblown:

to put that in perspective, this entire SCENE was shot in 3 days:

He doesn't deal w/unions so he can skirt around long costly shoots, combine that with this here and we're starting to see how he really makes his money - he doesn't like paying anybody.

Tyler “Birdman” Perry? :ohhh:

:birdman: