WE KNOW! Tyler Perry: 'I Have No Writers Room. Nobody Writes Any of My Work.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Minus madea, this nikkas entire collection is mass produced trash.
source.gif

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't be mad. Self made. Unlike some of our favorite rappers. Who claim to not have writers and are getting fukked with terrible deals and are forced to put out albums.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
smh at these responses...somebody lying

either Hollywood isn't that hard to break-in, so stop hating and put in the work. He'll help in his own way, when he feels like it
OR
it's hard to break-in, especially for Blackfolks, so all hands on deck to create/support opportunities for other Black folks. He should give a chance for qualified Black screenwriters to buildup their resume
OR
it's hard to break-in, regardless of race, HYON and stop looking for handouts

The "support black business" slogan needs to be refined, it's too generic and allows for self-serving fawks to take advantage
...I don't need to know of a business being Black owned if my skin color doesn't afford me benefits outside of inspiration

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Old thread, nobody summed up what's good tho.

Tyler Perry is hated on by young black ppl and whites who don't like comedy that appeals to older black people. New age black ppl feel he's c00ning with things like madea.

He wasn't

But like Chappelle, eventually white audiences will take notice and you have to prevent them from taking our brand of comedy out of context. They always want to control it and then alter it to their liking.

Moving forward Tyler Perry is in business heavy with BET black entertainment. The problem is bet a long time ago got purchased by MTV aka Viacom mainly so MTV didn't have to compete with BET anymore. They immediately altered BET's programming so that it would only be a source for ignorance. They got rid of teen summit, banned anything they deemed conscious rapping, and catered towards anything lil wayne was about during his lean prime. Now BET is happy to run 500 Tyler perry shows at once and most of them are too raunchy for basic cable.

The complaints about TP not sharing the spotlight is true and it's lazy to say he hired black ppl as an excuse to turn a blind eye to what's actually going on. I went to BET on MLK's birthday to see what they had on. No bullshyt, I think they had soul plane playing. I ended up watching Selma on another station. You all can Google any parts of this rant if you think I made up any of it...