We Are Family!: Black-ish Season 4 Thread

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I swear the creators were stepping away last year or is my memory hazy?:patrice:

Compared to previous seasons, I'm not really loving this one. It's good tho.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I swear the creators were stepping away last year or is my memory hazy?:patrice:

Compared to previous seasons, I'm not really loving this one. It's good tho.

Nah, you're right. It was some news about him stepping down as show-runner because he wanted to spend time with his family or something. Forget the exact details.

Will be interested in seeing how this situation plays out with him, he still has a lot of years left on his deal with ABC. Would they let him out to possibly go to Netflix or try to smooth things over. I definitely see Blackish getting renewed for a 5th season, either way.

The show will be different with both Jr. and Zoey in college now. I wonder how they will flip that in terms of story.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Junior pretending to be a dog :mjlol:

Diane voting for the dog because she's on the side of chaos :demonic:

I'm with Dre, I don't mess with dogs or really any animals like that :hubie:

Next week things get serious between Bow and Dre :whoo:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I liked the swerve at the end. A brief light in the middle of a fight doesn't resolve the core issue.

Between last week and this week, Bow is looking real funny in the light :francis:

Even the cake shyt had me like :dahell:. What's more likely, Dre not spelling the kid's name right or the bakery? And who doesn't look at the cake when picking it up Bow? :stopitslime:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I've been peeped Bow's disloyal ass from the jump, she's always against him whenever he ha a problem with something and her views on race come from her white side. She had the same fears Dre had about Devante but she let him be worried by himself and made it seem like he was wrong. The main problem i've always had with Blackish is that they make it seem like Dre is wrong about everything.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been peeped Bow's disloyal ass from the jump, she's always against him whenever he ha a problem with something and her views on race come from her white side. She had the same fears Dre had about Devante but she let him be worried by himself and made it seem like he was wrong. The main problem i've always had with Blackish is that they make it seem like Dre is wrong about everything.
Most sitcoms dad's are
Fresh off the boat switchs around though.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
That's how TV has to be written cause they trying to steer away from the "dumb woman" role cause women are sensitive and can't handle that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Most sitcoms dad's are

The problem is that when its a pro-black father dropping gems EVERY episode outlining his grievances and hes painted as the “wrong” one it sets a bad precendent.

That HBCU episode where Bow was bullshytting on Dre having to reemeege into a white man’s world had me looking at the show ALL KINDS of funny. That shyt was ridiculous