We Are Family!: Black-ish Season 4 Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
They back together :mjcry:

Grief often serves as the catalyst to bring people closer.

Dre bringing in money like that to lease that house :leon:

Ruby getting at Bow's feet :mjlol:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Not turning it into a drama breh:russ: Kenya Barris said he wanted to end the season on a dramatic arc about marriage and how hard marriage is. He felt like showing a couple go through it is something we don't get much of on sitcoms, especially black couples, because normally there aren't many black couples on tv to begin with. It's either a single dad or a single mom and we pick up the pieces from there. But he wanted to reflect some of his personal life but also ask that question, what if Claire and Cliff had a spat where they weren't getting along? He's a guy who grew up on tv where couples never went through things and everything was resolved in 30 min, which gave him a false narrative in life.
the spat between cliff and claire always ended up in her favor anyway, so they never had a real disagreement because cliff always caved in.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the spat between cliff and claire always ended up in her favor anyway, so they never had a real disagreement because cliff always caved in.

Claire was always positioned as the smarter person on the show and cliff came from the school of “happy wife, happy life”...plus most of the time she was right

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Claire was always positioned as the smarter person on the show and cliff came from the school of “happy wife, happy life”...plus most of the time she was right
my point exactly, his European partners made the the show into a circus where clair and the women are all smart and elegant, while Cliff, Theo,Cockroach, Bud, Elvin, are all bufoons for us to laugh at

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
my point exactly, his European partners made the the show into a circus where clair and the women are all smart and elegant, while Cliff, Theo,Cockroach, Bud, Elvin, are all bufoons for us to laugh at

Yeah you’re going down a path I’m not walking on breh :russ:

Theo became smarter as the show went on, cliff was right about plenty of things but he also based it on his life and if you watch any of Cosby’s comedy from that time, he often said Camille was the one in charge and she was the smart one and he just followed her lead. He deferred to her on many things so it would make sense for Cliff to defer to Claire.

But yeah we aren’t going to agree on this one for many many reasons

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Yeah you’re going down a path I’m not walking on breh :russ:

Theo became smarter as the show went on, cliff was right about plenty of things but he also based it on his life and if you watch any of Cosby’s comedy from that time, he often said Camille was the one in charge and she was the smart one and he just followed her lead. He deferred to her on many things so it would make sense for Cliff to defer to Claire.

But yeah we aren’t going to agree on this one for many many reasons
it ok that we don't agree, but bear in mind this has more to do cosby lack of confidence then the fact that camille was smarter then him

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The last episode was wack.

They had a great and original storyline and ended it abruptly. Bow's dad dies, yet we don't see Bow interact with her mom about her dad dying? In fact we don't see Bow interact with her parents at all about the collapse of her marriage? It was weird.

All in all,I really liked this episode and I like that they went down the path of their marriage cratering. It was realistic and it allowed the actors to show their acting chops. All of them. Junior really impressed me during the HS graduation blow up.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So I’ve been binging this show...side bar, I’ve watched epeisodes here and there but have been sleeping, this show is really good...just now getting the the downturn in their relationship :to: the cinematography for this episode is interesting also

This is hard to watch, especially after just recently watching her post departum episode

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Upcoming season will find the show hitting 100 episodes. Only show on ABC I currently watch, back next week.

blackish-season-5-cast-photo-2.jpg