We Are Family!: Black-ish Season 4 Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
this storyline came out of the blue. is married life really like this? it seems like the story went too far because i don't see why they're married at all. they're gonna get back together because that's the show, but i'm watching this and trying to figure out what is the point of their marriage other than making kids. these issues seem so small for for it to be leading to someone moving out. just shows y'all don't belong together anymore.

Yeah they wanted to introduce this storyline but it makes no sense. These are issues they would have seen in year one not roughly 19 years later. It’s disingenuous af bc their differences is what made them an interesting couple in the first place. Not to mention since the last episode they rushed all these supposed problems they had out of nowhere. It’s just bad writing and a terrible way to go out towards the end of the season when the shows schedule has been irratic enough as is and in my opinion the saving grace of this season has been only the second half.

To me that's one of the more real depictions of a relationship going south that I've seen on TV. Every partner has something that bugs the hell out of us that is just bubbling under the surface. A lot of times it just takes one minor argument to bring all that shyt out. Once it starts coming out it can snowball with ease until you're looking at each other like "what the fukk just happened". I had it happen to me with a 10 year relationship. Once the cat is out the bag and you let all that shyt out it's hard to just tuck it back in and ignore it (PAUSE).

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me that's one of the more real depictions of a relationship going south that I've seen on TV. Every partner has something that bugs the hell out of us that is just bubbling under the surface. A lot of times it just takes one minor argument to bring all that shyt out. Once it starts coming out it can snowball with ease until you're looking at each other like "what the fukk just happened". I had it happen to me with a 10 year relationship. Once the cat is out the bag and you let all that shyt out it's hard to just tuck it back in and ignore it (PAUSE).
Fair points.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Its funny, i be tryna think of shyt that i dont like about boobi. But i cant. We both tatted up. We both like movies. We both like comic books. We both get high as hell together.
I think more couples need to smoke weed.
:pachaha:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
oh i understand what you're saying, but did your 10 year relationship end? seems like that's what you're saying, but what i don't like about this is that it had the tone of a real marriage breakdown that would lead to divorce and i don't see them divorcing as a part of the show. divorce makes the most sense to me and unless they're gonna write divorce into it then i feel they took this argument too far from a writing perspective.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
my biggest criticism of this "argument" was that it was too real and big for them to just TV makeup, but if it's really headed for a divorce then good writing.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Watching Episode 21

This dude Dre been acting like a straight up bytch for a while now.

First noticed it with the white bytch at Thanksgiving.