We Are Family!: Black-ish Season 4 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Damn haven't watched the show in awhile. Guess they're turning it into a drama.

Not turning it into a drama breh:russ: Kenya Barris said he wanted to end the season on a dramatic arc about marriage and how hard marriage is. He felt like showing a couple go through it is something we don't get much of on sitcoms, especially black couples, because normally there aren't many black couples on tv to begin with. It's either a single dad or a single mom and we pick up the pieces from there. But he wanted to reflect some of his personal life but also ask that question, what if Claire and Cliff had a spat where they weren't getting along? He's a guy who grew up on tv where couples never went through things and everything was resolved in 30 min, which gave him a false narrative in life.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They really ending the season on this bullshyt :why:

I honestly feel like this is some Jump The Shark shyt. I completely understand what the creator is attempting but Blackish is NOT the medium to do it. This is a COMEDY. Not a dramedy. The tone has been established over 4 seasons.

Not only that, its not even a plot thread that they’ve been developing over the course of the season, they just threw the shyt out there over the last three episodes.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I honestly feel like this is some Jump The Shark shyt. I completely understand what the creator is attempting but Blackish is NOT the medium to do it. This is a COMEDY. Not a dramedy. The tone has been established over 4 seasons.

Not only that, its not even a plot thread that they’ve been developing over the course of the season, they just threw the shyt out there over the last three episodes.
Yeah you can tell this is some shyt they do when they have run out of ideas and shyt.
Show is dead and season 5 is probably the last.
This shyt isn't even a maritable spat, this is couples moving out the house and on the brink of seperating.
Why he felt the need to do that with a comedy and a show that was supposed to be positive tells you something.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
yall bugging, i love this shyt. Yes it's not comedic but it's a nice change of pace and letting the show flex its dramatic muscles. I'm down with it:manny:

Agreed. I think many people are missing how good their writing, acting and overall execution of this arc has been. I believe that they do need to get back to the comedy next season, but this has been an awesome excursion for what it is.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Agreed. I think many people are missing how good their writing, acting and overall execution of this arc has been. I believe that they do need to get back to the comedy next season, but this has been an awesome excursion for what it is.

Word. Not like comedies have never delved into drama before. Back in the 70s it was commonplace. You do your “very special episodes” and then you go back to normal.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Word. Not like comedies have never delved into drama before. Back in the 70s it was commonplace. You do your “very special episodes” and then you go back to normal.

yes, I still remember George Jefferson getting robbed and shot on the Jeffersons....

never knew what happened after that tho...ah well.