We Are Family!: Black-ish Season 4 Thread

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
this storyline came out of the blue. is married life really like this? it seems like the story went too far because i don't see why they're married at all. they're gonna get back together because that's the show, but i'm watching this and trying to figure out what is the point of their marriage other than making kids. these issues seem so small for for it to be leading to someone moving out. just shows y'all don't belong together anymore.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah they wanted to introduce this storyline but it makes no sense. These are issues they would have seen in year one not roughly 19 years later. It’s disingenuous af bc their differences is what made them an interesting couple in the first place. Not to mention since the last episode they rushed all these supposed problems they had out of nowhere. It’s just bad writing and a terrible way to go out towards the end of the season when the shows schedule has been irratic enough as is and in my opinion the saving grace of this season has been only the second half.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Why are ya'll saying this is out of nowhere? They've been having issues since the show started, it's just before it would be wrapped up in a sweet message at the end. Andre freaking out about the baby and Bow not supporting him was just the tipping point. Think back to all the times he felt suspicious about something and her not having his back. I've been waiting for Andre to snap at Bow and it's finally happening.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Why are ya'll saying this is out of nowhere? They've been having issues since the show started, it's just before it would be wrapped up in a sweet message at the end. Andre freaking out about the baby and Bow not supporting him was just the tipping point. Think back to all the times he felt suspicious about something and her not having his back. I've been waiting for Andre to snap at Bow and it's finally happening.

Yeah it's an accumulation of tiny little things that really indicate character differences and flaws in both of them. Her being a doctor/anesthesiologist and letting him freak out was fukked up though.

This episode was great but it does have me wondering where they are actually going with this. We just had a two-part episode and they're moving even further apart.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Misread the title real quick, thought this was about Black Lightning.... :sadbron:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
That scene when he brought home the ramen noodles as an olive branch was:mjcry:, she basically went:hhh: at his peace offering but wanted him to do backflips over the new sink.

That was her peace offering as well, she went with the style of sink he wanted. I took it as her really not remembering the bond they had over the noodles in the flashback.

I think they did a solid job in showing both sides of the issue, and how people take/see things differently.

Also shows how both Anthony and Traci are good at both comedy and drama alike :ehh:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That was her peace offering as well, she went with the style of sink he wanted. I took it as her really not remembering the bond they had over the noodles in the flashback.

I think they did a solid job in showing both sides of the issue, and how people take/see things differently.

Also shows how both Anthony and Traci are good at both comedy and drama alike :ehh:
That's the point, She didn't remember something that used to be special to them and it showed how far apart they are. The memories of their favorite food meant more to him than the sink.