Wasn't a Goddamn Thing Wrong With After Earth

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I actually haven't seen it....:snoop:

But I still agree with the premise of the thread.....:smugfavre: :umad:

Will has always done right by us as far as I'm concerned. Black Excellence personified....:salute:

We are so fukking rare in movies, especially these big blockbuster type of films right now. It's basically just one big pile of white supremacy. I get tired of it. I like a superhero and action star just as much as the next, but I'm not going to place stanning for these fukking 1950's creation over my own race, cot damn. This modern generation is fukking pathetic. You've got black men who won't stand up and support Michael B. Jordan as The Flame....:mindblown:

Marvel can suck on my nuts until we see Black Panther. And he better smack the shyt outta Thor too, power levels be damned.

They don't hear you though. They wanna clamor for Will to shed all dignity and play a slave for Cacintino:snoop:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie had good fatherhood aphorisms. It's too bad it was such trash otherwise.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I felt the same way as the thread starter. I saw this a few weeks ago and I didn't see anything wrong with it at all. Jaden was a little irritating but he came through at the end and proved he was his fathers son. Hollywood is a tricky monster. They shyt on you when you don't play a role that they want you to play and then bad mouth it and you when they see more than one black face on the screen. The problem with this movie is that there were hardly any white people in it which is why it received such vitriol and harsh criticism.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
You c00ns on the Coli truly dissapoint me:stopitslime:

Everybody shytting on this movie like it was the worst movie of the summer, I get back from Afghanistan and get to peep it and I see a film about a BLACK father teaching his son how to be a man and face adversity in the midst of a life threatening situation...:gladbron:

But nikkas on here would rather Will Smith had played a slave in Quentin Cacintino's Revenge Fantasy?

In After Earth Will Smith was a respected general, a hero, a BLACK man who was the awe and envy of every one around him, a faithful husband to his BLACK wife, a stern but loving father and a man willing to sacrifice his career in attempts to reconnect with his family...

And all anybody got out of all of this was some bullshyt scientologist conspiracy mumbo jumbo:wtf:

fukk is wrong with some of y'all nikkas:dahell:

I'm not saying the movie was a masterpiece, but this being the worst movie if the summer and some black spot on Will Smith's acting career is pure bullshyt. There's NOTHING in this movie worse than the abortion of a blockbuster known as Wild Wild West:scusthov: Or the disappointing cheesiness of Men In Black 2:thumbsdown: . Will Smith actually wrote this films story and produced it, and I have to take my hat off to him for putting his money, time, resources, and effort into giving us Black excellence in he form of cultured, heroic, determined, intelligent, BLACK protagonists. This was the FIRST film in the Science Fiction/Fantasy genre to star two African Americans, Father and Son, as well as written and produced by the movie's star. We NEED more positive depictions of African American father/ son relationships in mainstream cinema and who else besides the world's most famous and bankable movie star to help being that message to the forefront? The African American community at large should've supported this film, instead it got shyt on by the media and Cac critics. The same critics who loved seeing Will be half drunk and simping over a Cac cave bytch in Hancock:demonic:

:salute: To Will Smith the Gawd

It was pretty good. :manny:

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We see Keanu Reeves have that moment of understanding when he realizes he's the "One" and it's :wow:

We see Jaden Smith, with words of encouragement from his father have that moment of understanding and realize that he's the "One" and it's :what:

shyt is fukking ridiculous, an ENTIRE movie filled with Heroic Black excellence through and through and we shyt on it. Do you REALIZE that just 17 years ago Roland Emmerich had to FIGHT studio executives because Fox didn't want a black actor being the main hero in Independence Day? Now Will Smith writes and funds his own Science Fiction epic with his Son being the hero and we don't appreciate the cultural significance of this?

WHAT THE fukk PEOPLE
:salute:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
M Knight = auto hate
Jaden = auto hate
black fatherhood excellence on film = auto hate

shyt was a recipe to be shytted on by "critics" before even seeing it. Critic bias is rediculous on some cats.

mufukkaz was gettin mad at Jaden's performance as a 14 year old.....when he's a fukkING 14 YEAR OLD????? Guess they'd rather some nikka almost 30 play the role like cacs do... :beli:

Black fatherhood excellence = automatic :salute:review in my book...even if the movie was just okay (not horrible as these clown critics would say)

This thread is

the truth!!!!
Thus

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Movie was fukkin ass cheeks and it ain't got shyt to do wit not supporting our peoples. :rudy:

Jaden is a faggit, da acting was sub par, and M. Night was involved.

:camby: nikka.

These ol short term memory mufukkas on here never heard of Pursuit of Happyness about TRUE real life #blackexcellence and Will getting nominated for an Oscar. The story of man that went from homeless to millionaire while teaching his son to value himself and having the power to be what he wants to be. There is no bias against showing a positive black father/son relationship. At the end of the day, After Earth is just a movie that nobody talks about or cares about cuz it wasn't that great.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I actually haven't seen it....:snoop:

But I still agree with the premise of the thread.....:smugfavre: :umad:

Will has always done right by us as far as I'm concerned. Black Excellence personified....:salute:

We are so fukking rare in movies, especially these big blockbuster type of films right now. It's basically just one big pile of white supremacy. I get tired of it. I like a superhero and action star just as much as the next, but I'm not going to place stanning for these fukking 1950's creation over my own race, cot damn. This modern generation is fukking pathetic. You've got black men who won't stand up and support Michael B. Jordan as The Flame....:mindblown:

Marvel can suck on my nuts until we see Black Panther. And he better smack the shyt outta Thor too, power levels be damned.
Crazy thing is that we had more diversity in the 90s in blockbuster movies

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
These ol short term memory mufukkas on here never heard of Pursuit of Happyness about TRUE real life #blackexcellence and Will getting nominated for an Oscar. The story of man that went from homeless to millionaire while teaching his son to value himself and having the power to be what he wants to be. There is no bias against showing a positive black father/son relationship. At the end of the day, After Earth is just a movie that nobody talks about or cares about cuz it wasn't that great.

In Pursuit Of Happyness Will's character was jobless, homeless, staying in shelters, and sacrificing his dignity just to prove to the Cac executives his worth. It was a good movie no doubt about triumph in the face of overwhelming odds, but After Earth was meant as something symbolically more. Will's character in After Earth was Noble, Heroic, and Courageous from the START of the film to the END. The only sacrifices he had to make were the internal sacrifices of letting go of his own guilt at his daughter's death and allowing himself to trust in and believe in his son. That in itself is a powerful message that speaks to black fatherhood in a forum that is NEVER seen through the viewpoints of black characters in Blockbuster action movies. White men were saluting and speaking of Will's character with NOTHING but the UPMOST respect, which is something that just 17 years ago wouldn't have been seen. Again I'm not talking about 1956, or 1976, I'm talking about 1996, where a black male starring in a Science Fiction blockbuster was such a foreign concept that Fox wanted Will Smith replaced from ID4 DESPITE his previous musical, television, and cinematic successes.

And yet you claim is there NO bias in showing a "positive" black father/son relationship? How many movies have been released showing such a relationship? Hell just THIS year in 2013 our big "moment" in black cinema was a film about a c00nish presidential manservant who spends half the film fighting with his son for joining the black Panther movement and starting trouble with white folk.:birdman: Another popular film from this year was the Oscar Grant based Fruitvale Station where a black father is murdered by police, leaving behind a daughter he was attempting to support and provide for. THESE are the depictions of "black" fatherhood that we get year end and year out, so don't come up in her with a bullshyt statement about there not being any bias against positive black father/son relationships while referencing a film from 2006 that coincidentally happened to star WILL SMITH.

Will Smith has been putting on for positive black fatherhood since Just The Two Of Us, the man is probably the greatest mainstream example of positive black fatherhood since Bill Cosby, he deserves the respect of the. African American community and DAMN sure deserved better support for After Earth than he was given. Again, you'll NEVER hear me say the movie was a spectacular masterpiece, but it was a solid Science Fiction blockbuster with an IMPORTANT message that deserved better recognition for being an achievement in mainstream black cinema

Daps
All the TS is saying is that it isn't as bad as people have made it out to be. But of course people will ignore that and act like he's putting it on a pedestal.

No, that isn't all he was saying

Ask yourself why the hell he brought up the 'c00ns' on the coli, and also Django Unchained (the fukk does Django have to do with how good or bad After Earth was :mindblown:)

If dude had just focused on why he thought the movie was better than what some people would have you think, then it wouldn't be a problem

But he's really trying to spin it as the movie getting bad reception because it's about a black father & son, like the 'cac media' all of a sudden turned on Will because of it (never mind the praise Will and Jaden got from that same cac media for the Pursuit of Happyness)

He apparently believes that just because the movie included positive depictions of a black father and son, that automatically means it's a good movie that shouldn't be criticized for anything.....like questionable acting from Jaden, for example

Once again, coli militants racialize something for no reason :snoop: