Wasn't a Goddamn Thing Wrong With After Earth

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Don't forget that Will loaded it with Scientologist propaganda. I'm not trying to watch some cult promo film.

This is some more bullshyt. The movie wasn't loaded with scientologist propaganda, it relied heavily on themes present in almost EVERY Science Fiction/Fantasy movie ever made. Themes of overcoming fear, self doubt, and showing courage in the face of extreme adversity are exclusive to Scientology now?:what: I read that critics were trying to correlate the finale taking place within a volcano as some sort of Scientology symbolism but NOBODY made such remarks. Or comparisons to the finale of Return Of The King taking place within a Volcano...

Use your goddamn brain:stopitslime:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im gonna have to see this fukkin movie :heh: every review is either 'its great, no reason to shyt on it' or 'that movie was the worst piece of shyt ever made

personally i dont like that lil douche bag

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is some more bullshyt. The movie wasn't loaded with scientologist propaganda, it relied heavily on themes present in almost EVERY Science Fiction/Fantasy movie ever made. Themes of overcoming fear, self doubt, and showing courage in the face of extreme adversity are exclusive to Scientology now?:what: I read that critics were trying to correlate the finale taking place within a volcano as some sort of Scientology symbolism but NOBODY made such remarks. Or comparisons to the finale of Return Of The King taking place within a Volcano...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a-scientologist-reviews-earth-guest-561310

The connections are there, bruh. And we all know Will has been getting into that crazy shyt over the years.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

even then what does the scienctology shyt even matter? yr wack if yr gonna be encouraged by some movie with jaden smith:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

exactly, I heard that fukkin bullshyt from lots of critics.

Funny shyt is if you ask them what is "scientology propoganda" none of them can even give details. :beli:

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
You c00ns on the Coli truly dissapoint me:stopitslime:

Everybody shytting on this movie like it was the worst movie of the summer, I get back from Afghanistan and get to peep it and I see a film about a BLACK father teaching his son how to be a man and face adversity in the midst of a life threatening situation...:gladbron:

But nikkas on here would rather Will Smith had played a slave in Quentin Cacintino's Revenge Fantasy?

In After Earth Will Smith was a respected general, a hero, a BLACK man who was the awe and envy of every one around him, a faithful husband to his BLACK wife, a stern but loving father and a man willing to sacrifice his career in attempts to reconnect with his family...

And all anybody got out of all of this was some bullshyt scientologist conspiracy mumbo jumbo:wtf:

fukk is wrong with some of y'all nikkas:dahell:

I'm not saying the movie was a masterpiece, but this being the worst movie if the summer and some black spot on Will Smith's acting career is pure bullshyt. There's NOTHING in this movie worse than the abortion of a blockbuster known as Wild Wild West:scusthov: Or the disappointing cheesiness of Men In Black 2:thumbsdown: . Will Smith actually wrote this films story and produced it, and I have to take my hat off to him for putting his money, time, resources, and effort into giving us Black excellence in he form of cultured, heroic, determined, intelligent, BLACK protagonists. This was the FIRST film in the Science Fiction/Fantasy genre to star two African Americans, Father and Son, as well as written and produced by the movie's star. We NEED more positive depictions of African American father/ son relationships in mainstream cinema and who else besides the world's most famous and bankable movie star to help being that message to the forefront? The African American community at large should've supported this film, instead it got shyt on by the media and Cac critics. The same critics who loved seeing Will be half drunk and simping over a Cac cave bytch in Hancock:demonic:

:salute: To Will Smith the Gawd

I completely agree. You have people shytting on this because of the supposed Scientology references and then praising Oblivion (I thought After Earth was on par with Oblivion btw). It's so hypocritical, but people don't acknowledge that bias. I know for a fact if the father son duo was Brad Pitt & Logan Lerman that this movie would have been reviewed better.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I completely agree. You have people shytting on this because of the supposed Scientology references and then praising Oblivion (I thought After Earth was on par with Oblivion btw). It's so hypocritical, but people don't acknowledge that bias. I know for a fact if the father son duo was Brad Pitt & Logan Lerman that this movie would have been reviewed better.

Oblivion was wack, too. It may or may not have been better with Brad Pitt. We'll never know. But even if it was, many of the flaws would remain. The fact is that Jaden Smith isn't a good actor and it wasn't a good movie.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I tried telling people this shyt. If M. Night Shyamalan wasn't revealed as the director of the movie then critics would have had a different tone to it. M. Night has made SO MANY bad movies, that I have a feeling the critics wrote it off as soon as they saw his name attached to the film. shyt I did too..then when i saw the movie i was generally surprised on how good the movie was.

I just feel that M. Night is such a negative presence in Hollywood that even Will Smith couldn't save his rep..

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Average flick, not as bad as the critics said it is, but on the whole it is a forgettable film. I Don't have an issue with Will putting his son on but Jaiden can't act.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
You c00ns on the Coli truly dissapoint me:stopitslime:

Everybody shytting on this movie like it was the worst movie of the summer, I get back from Afghanistan and get to peep it and I see a film about a BLACK father teaching his son how to be a man and face adversity in the midst of a life threatening situation...:gladbron:

But nikkas on here would rather Will Smith had played a slave in Quentin Cacintino's Revenge Fantasy?

In After Earth Will Smith was a respected general, a hero, a BLACK man who was the awe and envy of every one around him, a faithful husband to his BLACK wife, a stern but loving father and a man willing to sacrifice his career in attempts to reconnect with his family...

And all anybody got out of all of this was some bullshyt scientologist conspiracy mumbo jumbo:wtf:

fukk is wrong with some of y'all nikkas:dahell:

I'm not saying the movie was a masterpiece, but this being the worst movie if the summer and some black spot on Will Smith's acting career is pure bullshyt. There's NOTHING in this movie worse than the abortion of a blockbuster known as Wild Wild West:scusthov: Or the disappointing cheesiness of Men In Black 2:thumbsdown: . Will Smith actually wrote this films story and produced it, and I have to take my hat off to him for putting his money, time, resources, and effort into giving us Black excellence in he form of cultured, heroic, determined, intelligent, BLACK protagonists. This was the FIRST film in the Science Fiction/Fantasy genre to star two African Americans, Father and Son, as well as written and produced by the movie's star. We NEED more positive depictions of African American father/ son relationships in mainstream cinema and who else besides the world's most famous and bankable movie star to help being that message to the forefront? The African American community at large should've supported this film, instead it got shyt on by the media and Cac critics. The same critics who loved seeing Will be half drunk and simping over a Cac cave bytch in Hancock:demonic:

:salute: To Will Smith the Gawd

when i see shyt like this i know its still some real nikkas left

:salute:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Man I'm going to give that movie a watch. I just assumed the movie sucked but OP moved me enough and convinced me to watch.

I can stomach Jaden. I mean shyt... I liked the Karate Kid remake and as far as I'm concerned Dre Parker >>>>>>>>>> Daniel LaRusso.

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
This cant be a serious thread. From Will's accent to Jaden's character being annoying to watch/stupid as fukk, this was not a fun movie to sit through. Maybe if the story revolved around Will and he was in the film for more than 10 mins, it would've been liked. This film relies heavily on Jaden's acting skills since its nothing but him in cgi creatures for 1:30 mins, Jaden falls short. Other than that, this is a vanity project and those are usually trashed heavily, especially when they are given to new comers (see Shia LaBauce).

Not everything is about race jackasses. Oblivion sucked too and Im a big fan of Jaden's Karate Kid. After Earth has a lame plot and poor script.