Wasn't a Goddamn Thing Wrong With After Earth

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Define working hard? he was a little fukking kid in The Pursuit of Happyness. He played Will's SON. He is Will's son so they had a natural chemistry on the screen AND he did a good job. But just to shut you up....

In 2006, Jaden made his film debut in the Sony release The Pursuit of Happyness, playing his father's son. When Will was reading the script prior to shooting, Jaden asked what it was about. After hearing the story, he expressed interest in playing the boy.
His father explained that he'd have to audition for the role, just like anyone else, so he did, and made the first cut. "I was in his corner, but I didn't have his back. He earned the job himself, and that's the way it's supposed to be," Will told the Ocean Country Observer.

breh how gullible are you? how is a quote from his father going to shut anyone up? do you think will is going to be honest about how good of an actor his son is? you never believe anything a parent says about their children, its always bullshyt

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:what: how was anything i said angry? :snoop: you can't have an intelligent discussion around here without people pulling out the tired u mad meme

you're critiquing a kid that's been on all of 4 movies. 2 were critically acclaimed and one he had a minor role in. He was how old the Pursuit of Happyness, and who would you rather have played that role? He was good in Karate Kid and that flick did big numbers. So lets be real, After Earth is the ONLY movie you can point to and say he did a bad job. I think the "discussion" is much to do about nothing. He's just starting out as an actor. Way to early to decided the kids fate.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again I don't think people are understanding the cultural significance of a movie like After Earth.

Just 17 years ago, Fox executives did NOT want Will Smith as the hero in Independence Day. Roland Emmerich had to fight and stick to his guns on Smith's casting. Despite Smith's evolving success from Platinum rapper, Television Star, and burgeoning movie star with the Box Office successes of Bad Boys and the critical success of Six Degrees Of Separation they did NOT want an African American being the lead in a blockbuster....

That film went onto become the highest grossing film of 1996:mjpls:

Same thing happened one year later with Men In Black. Smith ONLY got the part because fukking Chris O'Donnell and David Schwimmer turned it down. Steven Speilberg's wife was a fan of The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and convinced Spielberg to meet with him...

That film went onto to gross over 500 million worldwide becoming the biggest hit of Summer 1997....:mjpls:

Now fast forward to 2013. Will Smith is in a position to star in ANY movie he wants, commands a 20 million dollar salary and is THE most bankable actor in Hollywood. He uses his clout to make a film in which he wrote the story, produces it through his OWN company, and has his real life son star alongside him. A BLACK man who just 17 years ago was the THIRD choice behind two white actors (who haven't bee seen beyond a hallmark television movie of the week for YEARS) is starring in a science fiction epic that he WROTE and PRODUCED. He is playing a respected General who is the one soldier who shows NO FEAR amongst alien hordes, he is estranged from his Son but through the course of the film he any his son bond while he instructs and guides his Son on becoming a man, a warrior, and a brave individual. If that isn't BLACK EXCELLENCE then I don't know WHAT is:salute:

:wow: