Was Technotronic "Pump Up The Jam" dope or corny to you growing, old heads?

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I have no issue with club music. Being from Detroit, electronic music is on our blood. This song just wasn't it to me

It's more a Euro take on Chicago electronic music, to me, but I get you :salute:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
No way you were born between 1980-1988 and would say that techtronic song was corny. During that time techno/dance heavily influenced hip hop. Back then hip hop was more about dance and club music. That song is an absolute classic and was everywhere on the radio back in the very very early 90s/Late 80s.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
No way you were born between 1980-1988 and would say that techtronic song was corny. During that time techno/dance heavily influenced hip hop. Back then hip hop was more about dance and club music. That song is an absolute classic and was everywhere on the radio back in the very very early 90s/Late 80s.

OP just wants to say house music is gay without saying it out loud :russ:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
OP just wants to say house music is gay without saying it out loud :russ:
Naw, I get it comes from that culture but alot of it was dope. Again I'm not against House music. I listened to Black Box "Everybody, Everybody", Jungle Bros "House You". Ce Ce, etc. So naw its not because it's "gay". I just don't think it was a dope song. Disco music was "gay" music but its alot dope disco songs.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
it's europop

like snap.

like boney m.

like milli vanilli.

like abba.

like black box.

like haddaway.

sharpen ya ears OP.

this is the uk equivalent. similar but more variance in the tune.

-

florida and pitbull did the american equivalent.

As I stated earlier, I'm from Detroit. We don't care about the distinctions. We invented it. It's all electronic to me. We are arrogant like that. We think everybody biting us.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
It's a fun song and I associate it with some of my best memories but House was big in my household growing up. My mom and her boyfriend that lived with us at the time were crate diggers always looking for the latest dope so I kinda had a perception that it was a little cheesy compared to all the other stuff we were listening to