Was Technotronic "Pump Up The Jam" dope or corny to you growing, old heads?

Ku$h Parker

I Took My Time,I Hurried Up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Liked it,Mom had the Single
As a Young Music Lover listening to Local Radio wit what came across TV(ILC,Rap City,Yo!)they would have a Techno/Freestyle/Blend Block and all that Dance Stuff(ill add Soul II Soul,Trinere and Connie)would just Hit and I would Dance my damn Ass off,just a perfect mix...#youhadtobethere

Daps
it was cool, just got sick of hearing it. think 'this is how we do it'
I’m so happy to find someone else who’s tired of this is how we do it. That song ruined my spring/summer when it came out. You couldn’t escape it and I skip it on Spotify.

Daps
Honestly it’s a song that has been a part of my life. I hooped so it was always playing pre game. Whenever I hear it it brings me back.
I hated it as a tween/teen because of cheer competitions. The white schools would wear it out. As an adult I embarrass the kids in my family by cranking it up and getting down.

I’m embracing my “cringe old lady” era.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
great

I was just telling this young girl the same shyt about "mambo number 5"

nobody was checking for "pump up the jam" live ... it was made for arenas and sports shyt/ electronic techno clubs

you only heard it in a setting where it made sense, there's alot of music from 90s that was tailormade for one reason

macarena was the same shyt ... I didnt expect kids in school to be doing that shyt in the hallway or in the mall
its some shyt you could get your parents to embarrass themselves to or play at a wedding

morris

Superstar
Daps
I grew up thinking the rapper was some Puerto Rican dude...turns out it's a she and she's Belgian Congolese :skip:
:russ:
I never knew this wasn't even meant for the US market, was supposed to be for Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg clubs.

Ya Kid K still sounds exactly the same, it's amazing

Never liked it much as a kid but hard to escalpe. It was in commercials, all over radio, and especially sporting events. Hard to hate but I was never a big Hous emusic fan and it was mixed with that early cat-in-the-hat rap style.

reminds me of Turtle Power

Just glad Ya Kid K ended rumors she was gay (I thought it was a dude or lesbo as a kid). I cannot ifnd the full video but I remember seeing it and I think she was even married while performing. I'm unsure if her disspelling gay rumors had any affect on her success

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
What’s wrong with the Macarena? :flabbynsick:
I never said the song was popular like the Macarena or Gangnam style but it was a likable corny song. Think those songs if they never got as popular. My comment also wasn’t a comment about the genre of the song.

Linear thinking dumb, narrow minded cac expand your fukking mind …

@Chad Warden

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I never said the song was popular like the Macarena or Gangnam style but it was a likable corny song. Think those songs if they never got as popular. My comment also wasn’t a comment about the genre of the song.

Linear thinking dumb, narrow minded cac expand your fukking mind …

@Chad Warden
dance-macarena.gif

why you quoting me