Was Technotronic "Pump Up The Jam" dope or corny to you growing, old heads?

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russ:

Never liked it much as a kid but hard to escalpe. It was in commercials, all over radio, and especially sporting events. Hard to hate but I was never a big Hous emusic fan and it was mixed with that early cat-in-the-hat rap style.

reminds me of Turtle Power

Just glad Ya Kid K ended rumors she was gay (I thought it was a dude or lesbo as a kid). I cannot ifnd the full video but I remember seeing it and I think she was even married while performing. I'm unsure if her disspelling gay rumors had any affect on her success

I thought she was a teenage boy when i saw her as a kid. But I was confused because she sounded like a girl. My 6 year old brain just let it be.

Dispelling gay rumors and her success is an interesting thought. It’s surprising to me that she only has two solo albums.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I was in my teens when this came out.

This was the time where black folks were actually into house music as it was mainstream. This, C+C Music Factory, Black Box, etc..goddamn I miss the 90’s..was it corny, looking back now..somewhat. Back then, you could easily start a block party in the hood playing some them hits back in the day.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
And Detroit invented Techno. That's what the song is .

:picard: my mistake ...

"Use of the term "techno" to refer to a type of electronic music originated in Germany in the early 1980s."

"Tech house is a subgenre of house music that combines stylistic features of techno with house. The term tech house developed as a shorthand record store name for a category of electronic dance music that combined musical aspects of techno, such as "rugged basslines" and "steely beats", with the harmonies and grooves of progressive house.[4][5] The music originally had a clean and minimal production style that was associated with techno from Detroit and the UK.[5]"

this is techno. not "pump up the jam"

""Pump Up the Jam" has been described as a fusion of hip hop and deep house elements,[7] as an early example of the hip house genre,[2] and it has been considered the first house song to become a hit in the US"

:ufdup:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
:picard: my mistake ...

"Use of the term "techno" to refer to a type of electronic music originated in Germany in the early 1980s."

"Tech house is a subgenre of house music that combines stylistic features of techno with house. The term tech house developed as a shorthand record store name for a category of electronic dance music that combined musical aspects of techno, such as "rugged basslines" and "steely beats", with the harmonies and grooves of progressive house.[4][5] The music originally had a clean and minimal production style that was associated with techno from Detroit and the UK.[5]"

this is techno. not "pump up the jam"

""Pump Up the Jam" has been described as a fusion of hip hop and deep house elements,[7] as an early example of the hip house genre,[2] and it has been considered the first house song to become a hit in the US"

:ufdup:

:russell:

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chicago invented house music :ufdup:

Garage House was banging in NY clubs for years until one NY DJ moved to Chicago and created "Chicago House" an offshoot

And Garage house sounds way better because it still had that late-disco/funk vibe

Chicago house sounds like it had all the soul ripped out of it and replaced with bootleg techno vibes stolen from Detroit

Garage House = late 70s NY

Techno = 1981 Detroit

"Chicago House" = 1984 by a NY DJ in Chicago

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Garage House was banging in NY clubs for years until one NY DJ moved to Chicago and created "Chicago House" an offshoot

And Garage house sounds way better because it still had that late-disco/funk vibe

Chicago house sounds like it had all the soul ripped out of it and replaced with bootleg techno vibes stolen from Detroit

Garage House = late 70s NY

Techno = 1981 Detroit

"Chicago House" = 1984 by a NY DJ in Chicago

You trying to revision history.

House music is called house music because of the wherehouse.
A club made from a converted warehouse business zoned building in Chicago.

So how in the fukk are you trying to validate nyc genre based on the wherehouse moniker. When to my knowledge.
there was never a popular garage house club.

Art Barr