Was Technotronic "Pump Up The Jam" dope or corny to you growing, old heads?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
That techno sound was more novel back then. I personally never liked it but people loved it. That’s basically how history works. First people to do something are gods, then all the copycats and people who push the genre further come along so that the innovators start looking “corny”.

You play some Kurtis Blow at the club today people will roll their eyes but at the time he was a god. When you’re an old head you‘ll understand.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
As I stated earlier, I'm from Detroit. We don't care about the distinctions. We invented it. It's all electronic to me. We are arrogant like that. We think everybody biting us.

Man - Kraftwerk weren't biting Detroit :russ:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
That techno sound was more novel back then. I personally never liked it but people loved it. That’s basically how history works. First people to do something are gods, then all the copycats and people who push the genre further come along so that the innovators start looking “corny”.

You play some Kurtis Blow at the club today people will roll their eyes but at the time he was a god. When you’re an old head you‘ll understand.

My ma still says everything even remotely electronic reminds her of Kurtis Blow :mjlol::flabbynsick:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster

Dmob was my shiits

As far as techntronic goes, PUTJ was my first cassesste tape single.

So ive got fond memories of it, playing that shiit on the house stereo when my folks were out.

Its in my bloodstream and i play their debut album monthly…

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I liked commercial Music growing up but this wasn't it.

Awah, a place to stay
293-d4441ec95430.png

Y3-Q6-DA7-1.gif

Spence

Superstar
Daps
This was also little me's jam when it came out:

Go back and watch the John Woo style scene Keenan Ivory Wayans did in Low Down Dirty Shame utilizing this song with the tension building during the lyrics “it’s gettin, it’s gettin, it’s gettin kinda hectic!”
That man was an underrated director during his time and the action scenes still visually hold up 30 years later.