Wack100 Goes OFF on Just Blaze in a Clubhouse debate : Calls Ice T, Pac,Kurupt Turnouts to

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you are comparing Jay-Z to MC Hammer, then this conversation is pointless because that says all that needs to be said about you.

I was only comparing how SALES ALONE do not justify the argument. Which is what you was doing.

Daps
This is the cusp of the problem I have with this argument. It's when nikkaz go to google to justify their argument proving they were either too young or stuck in a bubble to really understand the true hip hop climate nationwide.

They only refer to the sales of what WHITE SUBURBAN kids and the TRL's viewers were on and never the STREETS. Never the hoods that didn't or couldn't afford to go to Sam Goody or Sound Warehouse or any mall to cop CD's and tapes. They dub albums with blank CD's and tapes. And ho on word of mouth and the DJ's of their areas.

If you really knew what you was talking about then you know from EXPERIENCE and not what google say. And it's not to undermine Jay-Z but to put into PROPER CONTEXT of how big of a run Juvenile was getting. You had to go to those clubs and the hoods in the south, midwest, southwest and even a little on the west coast, especially places like Seattle or Portland snd not just Cali. Hood nikkaz weren't everywhere bumping Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. They were bumping HA because they could directly RELATE to that. Hood bytchez werent bumping "Can I Get A fukk You" with Amil... they are and still to this DAY wild out once Back That Azz Up hit the speakers.

So pulling up RIAA certifications that more based on shipments to record stores and labels requests over the VIBE OF THE STREETS. It tells me that you wasn't experiencing it like that. Either too young or in a bubble.

I have no horse in this race but you can’t just throw out metrics because they don’t favor your argument :russ:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was posted in response to someone saying that Juvenile was selling more at the time, so how are the actual numbers not relevant in that case?

Which AGAIN is the CUSP of why it's a flawed argument. Y'all basing it on RIAA certifications and not off actual experiences of the time.

If you did, then it be true that at one point, Juvie was outpacing Jay-Z. But those arguments again are moot because of context. When Back That Azz Up blew off the stratosphere, it can be said that Juvie was outpacing Jay-Z in sells.... not selling more records overall because Jay-Z had a head start be his album releasing 2 months prior, but of the MOMENT. And you can argue than Jay's momentum was slowing down and whatnot, but it is what it is.

But the missed point by both sides is that BOTH Jay-Z and Juvenile during that period were neck and neck when it comes to fanbase popularity and it's more than just albums sales. I mentioned MC Hammer as an example of how pointless using the SALES argument at a way to justify how BIG a rap emcee was. That's looking at it strictly from a POP lens and not a HIP HOP lens.

So even the claim of Juvie outselling Jay-Z is as flawed as saying Jay-Z was selling more than Juvie...because y'all making this argument about whose the bigger artist purely by SALES rather than what the STREETS felt.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no horse in this race but you can’t just throw out metrics because they don’t favor your argument :russ:

Not at all throwing away shyt. But RIAA doesn't tell the whole story. Especially when those are based on solely what's is shipped to stores and labels requests for certifications.

It doesn't at all reflect the streets.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
idek why wack think he can dictate where pac falls under
Pac claimed Oakland even during his last days, so his whole gatekeeping is retarded.

he was a Oakland rapper, which is why nikkas like him, or NY people, or even baltimore(i seen some who do) claiming where he falls is retarded.

the man claimed Oakland wtf are yall sitting here arguing like he did not claim it, nvm that his music and people he associated closely with were Bay area rappers

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
idek why wack think he can dictate where pac falls under
Pac claimed Oakland even during his last days, so his whole gatekeeping is retarded.

he was a Oakland rapper, which is why nikkas like him, or NY people, or even baltimore(i seen some who do) claiming where he falls is retarded.

the man claimed Oakland wtf are yall sitting here arguing like he did not claim it, nvm that his music and people he associated closely with were Bay area rappers
Pac said out his own mouth that the Bay raised him. Wack is a fukkin goofball I can’t stand him.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Wtf that have to do with anything lol
And it was Jay tour btw where he headlined the tour you know lol

Wasnt it because it was his (or Rocafella) idea to tour? It was basically Jay trying to do a indie tour. But they (Roc/RuffRyders etc) or Def Jam
came up with the idea.

From what ive read they changed it. Because, like @spliz said, most people came for X and he rocked it and alot of people
left after his set so they either made them co-head line the tour or switch where X would close it 1 day and Jigga the next.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Pac said out his own mouth that the Bay raised him. Wack is a fukkin goofball I can’t stand him.
yep which is why its dumb that he thinks he has say on what Pac can claim and giving him back to NY. LOL

Pac claimed Oakland, and Oakland claims Pac. Obvously Oakland sees Pac as theres to where rappers that came after look to him for inspiration and a MT rushmore figure of the bay.

Pac never claimed LA, besides bigging it up. for this nikka to think he can gatekeep someone's identity/alignment Is just Wack showing how much of a clown he can be

and btw, as much flaws the coli got. Listening to these nikkas really make you appreciate the coli. because the things these "industry" nikkas believe and argue(and the way they do it) is like so juvenile and basic:mjlol: These nikkas dont know shyt.

You can find more in depth hip hop discussion on here

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Wasnt it because it was his (or Rocafella) idea to tour? It was basically Jay trying to do a indie tour. But they (Roc/RuffRyders etc) or Def Jam
came up with the idea.

From what ive read they changed it. Because, like @spliz said, most people came for X and he rocked it and alot of people
left after his set so they either made them co-head line the tour or switch where X would close it 1 day and Jigga the next.
This is before vol 2
ce8ac4998d38be6fd93bf39d98b12a34.jpg

Jay was groomed to be the guy in rap. Vol 2 was just the crowning jewel.

If DMX was the guy it would been the Ruff Ryder tour

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
As for Ice T and Kurupt, Wack can blow all that hot air he wants. But hes not gonna change shyt. Kurupt and Ice T are seen as legends that hail from the west.
Ice T will forever be seen as a West coast rapper as is kurupt. And both dont deny their east roots.

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
This is the cusp of the problem I have with this argument. It's when nikkaz go to google to justify their argument proving they were either too young or stuck in a bubble to really understand the true hip hop climate nationwide.

They only refer to the sales of what WHITE SUBURBAN kids and the TRL's viewers were on and never the STREETS. Never the hoods that didn't or couldn't afford to go to Sam Goody or Sound Warehouse or any mall to cop CD's and tapes. They dub albums with blank CD's and tapes. And ho on word of mouth and the DJ's of their areas.

If you really knew what you was talking about then you know from EXPERIENCE and not what google say. And it's not to undermine Jay-Z but to put into PROPER CONTEXT of how big of a run Juvenile was getting. You had to go to those clubs and the hoods in the south, midwest, southwest and even a little on the west coast, especially places like Seattle or Portland snd not just Cali. Hood nikkaz weren't everywhere bumping Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. They were bumping HA because they could directly RELATE to that. Hood bytchez werent bumping "Can I Get A fukk You" with Amil... they are and still to this DAY wild out once Back That Azz Up hit the speakers.

So pulling up RIAA certifications that more based on shipments to record stores and labels requests over the VIBE OF THE STREETS. It tells me that you wasn't experiencing it like that. Either too young or in a bubble.
I have no dog n this fight, but your perspective is kinda skewed.

I was around.

Was in the streets.

Was at the shows and at the clubs.

Was djin and n the top dj pool n the Bay. Since 91

He had to pull up receipts because you disagree with the facts.

Been rocking with Jay, Cash money never serviced records until going major.

My point of reference is that Jay had been established 3 years prior to Juvies national release.

Even tho Juvie been active since the early 90s, but remained local.

Didn't hear Juvie or cash money in the streets until ha went active...years later..

Taking a major or baby waiting on a deal he like before signing, which points they could have went commercial early on, but he didn't.

So when Juvie finally did hit, from him being active all hose years and having a 30 million dollar machine behind him, helped his popularity.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
No Limit wasn't copying Tupac Shakur in about 10 ways? Soldiers? Thug Life? HolleR if you hear me? Lol.

Master P and No Limit is a rare case, his biting is unmatched. Most of the other N.O. rappers kept their style local and didnt fw outsiders like that.

Turk spoke on it in a interview. Back when No Limit was poppin, nikkas in the city was still bumping Cash Money and Big Boy more because they felt like Ps music wasnt authentic N.O. shyt.