Wack100 Goes OFF on Just Blaze in a Clubhouse debate : Calls Ice T, Pac,Kurupt Turnouts to

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is Mouse Jones allowed in these rooms. :snoop:
I can't stand his voice, damn, his voice combined with his demeanor makes me wanna dislocate his shyt. He's like an unlikable version of the dude Wayno, he must be a quality ass kisser/bullshyt artist to be allowed in these little rapper circles and actually have a voice. I wish Wack's hostility was all directed at him, lol

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Mannie Fresh was on Talib Kweli's podcast and was saying how Baby literally didn't listen to any music outside the camp and didn't want them to either. He said when Baby got the call that Hov wanted to get on the remix, Baby was on some :yeshrug: shyt, because he didn't care about Jay-Z. Mannie Fresh had to break down to him why it was a big deal. So yeah, I think Just is embellishing.
when they did ha remix juvy had the juice and was selling more records than jay. He was doing jay a favor.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn’t even realize who u was responding to. Because this is where u fukkin up. What I’m tryna say is while Outkast, Jay, DMX, Lauryn Hill etc etc was hot in 98. Juvenile altho his album dropped and of 98. Didn’t get hot until 99. Damn near the middle of that year I might add. Difference is u arguing with another nikka and I’m arguing about what Wack said in the video. Which was that Juvie was HOTTER than Jay and sold MORE than Jay when Vol 2. Dropped. Which is false. His album sold later and peaked lower.

Juvenile dropped at the END of 98. You not getting that point. And Cash Money was independent and local at the time until the Universal deal. At the START of the new year of 99, word of mouth for the song HA was spreading all over and then the video.

And you responded to ME. I couldn't care less what's Wack's point was because he was loud and wrong about EVERYTHING.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Juvenile dropped at the END of 98. You not getting that point. And Cash Money was independent and local at the time until the Universal deal. At the START of the new year of 99, word of mouth for the song HA was spreading all over and then the video.

And you responded to ME. I couldn't care less what's Wack's point was because he was loud and wrong about EVERYTHING.
As long as we agree on this. I could care less about that other shyt. Bottom line. If someone said Juvie wasn’t up there in 99. U had a right to check him. I’m speaking on the thread at hand.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when they did ha remix juvy had the juice and was selling more records than jay. He was doing jay a favor.

False

JAY-Z
Title: VOL 2…HARD KNOCK LIFE
Certification Date: May 15, 2000
Label: ROC-A-FELLA RECORDS
Format: ALBUM

Release Date.September 29, 1998
Category: SOLO
Type: Standard
Certified Units: 5 Million
Genre: None
Previous Certification:

5x Multi-Platinum | May 15, 2000
4x Multi-Platinum | February 24, 1999
3x Multi-Platinum | December 16, 1998
2x Multi-Platinum | November 9, 1998
Platinum | November 2, 1998
Gold | November 2, 1998

JUVENILE

Title: 400 DEGREEZ
Certification Date: December 19, 2000
Label: CASH MONEY / UNIVERSAL

Release Date.November 3, 1998
Certified Units: 4 Million
Previous Certification:
4x Multi-Platinum | December 19, 2000
3x Multi-Platinum | October 13, 1999
2x Multi-Platinum | August 13, 1999
Platinum | April 27, 1999
Gold | March 2, 1999

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I can't stand his voice, damn, his voice combined with his demeanor makes me wanna dislocate his shyt. He's like an unlikable version of the dude Wayno, he must be a quality ass kisser/bullshyt artist to be allowed in these little rapper circles and actually have a voice. I wish Wack's hostility was all directed at him, lol
The bolded is EXACTLY how I feel about him. Lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
False

JAY-Z

Previous Certification:

Gold | November 2, 1998

JUVENILE

Previous Certification:
Gold | March 2, 1999
Exactly like I said. Lol. Jay was already at 4 milli like 2 months before Juvie went plat at all.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Jay was bigger. Ha came out in October of 1998. Jay was unquestionable the bigger artist at the time. By time the remix came around in May 1999, Jay was even bigger by then. Juvenile was huge too but "Back That Ass Up" wasn't even out yet.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Jay was bigger. Ha came out in October of 1998. Jay was unquestionable the bigger artist at the time. By time the remix came around in May 1999, Jay was even bigger by then. Juvenile was huge too but "Back That Ass Up" wasn't even out yet.
Bro Jay was already 4x Plat by Feb 1999. Lol. These nikkas is crazy. By the time Juvie went 3x Plat. Jay was already on his next album wit Vol 3. Which went 2x plat in like 2 and a half months. Lol

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
False

JAY-Z

Previous Certification:

Gold | November 2, 1998

JUVENILE

Previous Certification:
Gold | March 2, 1999

This is the cusp of the problem I have with this argument. It's when nikkaz go to google to justify their argument proving they were either too young or stuck in a bubble to really understand the true hip hop climate nationwide.

They only refer to the sales of what WHITE SUBURBAN kids and the TRL's viewers were on and never the STREETS. Never the hoods that didn't or couldn't afford to go to Sam Goody or Sound Warehouse or any mall to cop CD's and tapes. They dub albums with blank CD's and tapes. And ho on word of mouth and the DJ's of their areas.

If you really knew what you was talking about then you know from EXPERIENCE and not what google say. And it's not to undermine Jay-Z but to put into PROPER CONTEXT of how big of a run Juvenile was getting. You had to go to those clubs and the hoods in the south, midwest, southwest and even a little on the west coast, especially places like Seattle or Portland snd not just Cali. Hood nikkaz weren't everywhere bumping Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. They were bumping HA because they could directly RELATE to that. Hood bytchez werent bumping "Can I Get A fukk You" with Amil... they are and still to this DAY wild out once Back That Azz Up hit the speakers.

So pulling up RIAA certifications that more based on shipments to record stores and labels requests over the VIBE OF THE STREETS. It tells me that you wasn't experiencing it like that. Either too young or in a bubble.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Bro Jay was already 4x Plat by Feb 1999. Lol. These nikkas is crazy. By the time Juvie went 3x Plat. Jay was already on his next album wit Vol 3. Which went 2x plat in like 2 and a half months. Lol
Yeah I think people forget how huge Jay got when Hard Knock Life album dropped, the only one bigger was DMX and that's even arguable (They were more equals than anything).

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the cusp of the problem I have with this argument. It's when nikkaz go to google to justify their argument proving they were either too young or stuck in a bubble to really understand the true hip hop climate nationwide.

They only refer to the sales of what WHITE SUBURBAN kids and the TRL's viewers were on and never the STREETS. Never the hoods that didn't or couldn't afford to go to Sam Goody or Sound Warehouse or any mall to cop CD's and tapes. They dub albums with blank CD's and tapes. And ho on word of mouth and the DJ's of their areas.

If you really knew what you was talking about then you know from EXPERIENCE and not what google say. And it's not to undermine Jay-Z but to put into PROPER CONTEXT of how big of a run Juvenile was getting. You had to go to those clubs and the hoods in the south, midwest, southwest and even a little on the west coast, especially places like Seattle or Portland snd not just Cali. Hood nikkaz weren't everywhere bumping Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. They were bumping HA because they could directly RELATE to that. Hood bytchez were bumping "Can I Get A fukk You" with Amil... they are and still to this DAY wild out once Back That Azz Up hit the speakers.

So pulling up RIAA certifications that more based on shipments to record stores and labels requests over the VIBE OF THE STREETS. It tells me that you wasn't experiencing it like that. Either too young or in a bubble.

You got the wrong one, as I’m someone who has been listening to this shyt since 1987. I was the one buying every Source/Blaze/XXL/Yo!/Rap Pages magazine, and going into Sam Goody and mom and pop record stores like Shantinique’s (Detroit) every week I got my allowance to purchase something new.

The numbers don’t lie in this instance when talking about who was bigger. That was not to slight how big Juvi and Cash Money was at the time, as I was a huge fan at the time, and 400 Degreez is still one of my fav albums of all time, but to say he was on Jay-Z’s level, and was doing him a favor is asinine.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You got the wrong one, as I’m someone who has been listening to this shyt since 1987. I was the one buying every source magazine, and going into Sam Goody and mom and pop record stores like Shantinique’s (Detroit) every week I got my allowance to purchase something new.

The numbers don’t lie in this instance when talking about who was bigger. That was not to slight how big Juvi and Cash Money was at the time, as I was a huge fan at the time, and 400 Degreez is still one of my fav albums of all time, but to say he was on Jay-Z’s level, and was doing him a favor is asinine.

You also the one who went to google. If you claim not to be too young, then you obviously the one that lived in the bubble.

I traveled all over and been throughout many hoods in the late 90s. I've seen how people were responded and it's not what sold at the stores.

You cannot ignore that. Basing it SOLELY on units sold without any context points you really wasn't about that hip hop experience on a street level.

It's like MC Hammer the biggest selling artist but not understanding why Ice Cube was looked at the biggest rapper back in 1990. And why the streets bumping Cube.

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You also the one who went to google. If you claim not to be too young, then you obviously the one that lived in the bubble.

I traveled all over and been throughout many hoods in the late 90s. I've seen how people were responded and it's not what sold at the stores.

You cannot ignore that. Basing it SOLELY on units sold without any context points you really wasn't about that hip hop experience on a street level.

It's like MC Hammer the biggest selling artist but not understanding why Ice Cube was looked at the biggest rapper back in 1990. And why the streets bumping Cube.

If you are comparing Jay-Z to MC Hammer, then this conversation is pointless because that says all that needs to be said about you.