Wack100 Goes OFF on Just Blaze in a Clubhouse debate : Calls Ice T, Pac,Kurupt Turnouts to

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That dude is not to be listened to when it comes to jay z
Talking about people only came for X lol or people leaving after X performed lol
I didn’t say people left after X performed. And he was responding to yo goofy ass. U the only one on earth that would say some dumb shyt like X wasn’t that nikka back then and it was only Jay. That’s just goofy. In the LEAST they were on equal footing. But if anyone was bigger. It was X. Not even saying Jay wasn’t huge. Cause he was right there. Like I said before. If u went to the tour. U would know. The person most people was excited to see was X. Not that they wasn’t excited to see Jay. But X was the better performer as well.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no dog n this fight, but your perspective is kinda skewed.

I was around.

Was in the streets.

Was at the shows and at the clubs.

Was djin and n the top dj pool n the Bay. Since 91

He had to pull up receipts because you disagree with the facts.

Been rocking with Jay, Cash money never serviced records until going major.

My point of reference is that Jay had been established 3 years prior to Juvies national release.

Even tho Juvie been active since the early 90s, but remained local.

Didn't hear Juvie or cash money in the streets until ha went active...years later..

Taking a major or baby waiting on a deal he like before signing, which points they could have went commercial early on, but he didn't.

So when Juvie finally did hit, from him being active all hose years and having a 30 million dollar machine behind him, helped his popularity.

I wasn't talking about their entire career. I was speaking about when Juvenile was at his PEAK.

I mean it took Jay-Z nearly 10 YEARS before even able to put out his first album. So, if we speaking on getting established. Jay-Z in NYC wasn't at all known as "that dude" when coming up from '88-95. Whereas in Louisiana, Juvenile was already a household NAME since the early 90's. He was already THAT DUDE within his state while Jay-Z was struggling to make a name for himself until his first main album debut. And even after debuting Reasonable Doubt he was still trying to pay dues on a mainstream level throughout the country.

So, this whole "established" talk is moot. The truth is Cash Money was already successful independent, so much so that Universal did that historic deal. Juvenile was put on at a national level and immediately blew within that year and was all over the streets. So what took Jay-Z from '96 to 98 to achieve.... Juvie hit the national stage and within a YEAR was at that level. And this was mostly due to an already secured UNDERGROUND following to begin with. So save that established career narrative. I was talking about when Juvenile was at his peak. At his peak he, DMX, Jay-Z were all neck and neck. Jay-Z may had the radio on lock, but most of the streets were on either DMX or Juvie.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I didn’t say people left after X performed. And he was responding to yo goofy ass. U the only one on earth that would say some dumb shyt like X wasn’t that nikka back then and it was only Jay. That’s just goofy. In the LEAST they were on equal footing. But if anyone was bigger. It was X. Not even saying Jay wasn’t huge. Cause he was right there. Like I said before. If u went to the tour. U would know. The person most people was excited to see was X. Not that they wasn’t excited to see Jay. But X was the better performer as well.
I never said X wasn’t hot (pause)
I don’t even know how this was a argument Jay was clearly the better rapper then and was selling more at the time. I remember during X run a lot of cats just thought he was gimmicks

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasnt it because it was his (or Rocafella) idea to tour? It was basically Jay trying to do a indie tour. But they (Roc/RuffRyders etc) or Def Jam
came up with the idea.

From what ive read they changed it. Because, like @spliz said, most people came for X and he rocked it and alot of people
left after his set so they either made them co-head line the tour or switch where X would close it 1 day and Jigga the next.

This is facts. The Hard Knock Life Tour was JAY-Z'S tour. The same way New Edition had their N.E. Heartbreak Tour featuring Bobby Brown despite Bobby's solo album was selling MORE than New Edition. It was still New Edition's TOUR. So regardless, The Hard Knock Life Tour was a JAY-Z tour. OF COURSE he would be the headline. But you had to have line up to be included to that tour and Def Jam assigned DMX and Red & Meth. And MORE people wanted to them DMX and Red & Meth than they did Jay-Z. And I PERSONALLY don't think it's because they were more popular, but the simple fact that THEY WERE SUPERIOR PERFORMERS, especially in those days. Jay-Z was once a HORRIBLE LIVE PERFORMER and people did LEAVE because his set was boring. He used to not work the stage at all and just STOOD THERE. No energy or nothing whereas DMX and Red & Meth knew how to rock a live crowd, and they were first and always KILLED IT... and Jay-Z couldn't follow that at all.

Keep in mind Jay-Z vastly improved since then. But his sets were weak and word came out about his sets and people came more to see DMX.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Mannie Fresh was on Talib Kweli's podcast and was saying how Baby literally didn't listen to any music outside the camp and didn't want them to either. He said when Baby got the call that Hov wanted to get on the remix, Baby was on some :yeshrug: shyt, because he didn't care about Jay-Z. Mannie Fresh had to break down to him why it was a big deal. So yeah, I think Just is embellishing.

That ended up being the best song of Jays career

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dikk head wants to be Suge so bad, it’s pathetic :mjlol:

All that trolling will catch up to him one day :pachaha:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This is facts. The Hard Knock Life Tour was JAY-Z'S tour. The same way New Edition had their N.E. Heartbreak Tour featuring Bobby Brown despite Bobby's solo album was selling MORE than New Edition. It was still New Edition's TOUR. So regardless, The Hard Knock Life Tour was a JAY-Z tour. OF COURSE he would be the headline. But you had to have line up to be included to that tour and Def Jam assigned DMX and Red & Meth. And MORE people wanted to them DMX and Red & Meth than they did Jay-Z. And I PERSONALLY don't think it's because they were more popular, but the simple fact that THEY WERE SUPERIOR PERFORMERS, especially in those days. Jay-Z was once a HORRIBLE LIVE PERFORMER and people did LEAVE because his set was boring. He used to not work the stage at all and just STOOD THERE. No energy or nothing whereas DMX and Red & Meth knew how to rock a live crowd, and they were first and always KILLED IT... and Jay-Z couldn't follow that at all.

Keep in mind Jay-Z vastly improved since then. But his sets were weak and word came out about his sets and people came more to see DMX.
I’ve mostly stayed out of this thread but this shot about the hard knock life tour is true. And Jay I’d my favorite rapper ever. X was enigmatic at the time and had the mystique as well as the insane stage presence. X had the crowd hyped during that tour just by improvising prayers on stage.

Meth and Red are famous to this day fir their live sets. Jay was the least exciting at that time as a performer.

he’s improved a lot as you said and has a great live show. But in the late 90’s he pretty much stood in one spot and just rapped. He had a very vanilla live set in 98/99

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I never said X wasn’t hot (pause)
I don’t even know how this was a argument Jay was clearly the better rapper then and was selling more at the time. I remember during X run a lot of cats just thought he was gimmicks
U don’t know wtf u talkin bout. Most nikkas fav rapper was X around that time u buggin tf out so all this clearly better rapper shyt is a dub. Plus Jay wasn’t selling more than X u buggin tf out. X sold 5 million records by the time Jay sold 4 milli. Went on to sell 4 milli more from them same albums. Then. In 1999 Vol 3 vs And Then There Was X. DMX DOUBLED Jay’s sales.

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
U don’t know wtf u talkin bout. Most nikkas fav rapper was X around that time u buggin tf out so all this clearly better rapper shyt is a dub. Plus Jay wasn’t selling more than X u buggin tf out. X sold 5 million records by the time Jay sold 4 milli. Went on to sell 4 milli more from them same albums. Then. In 1999 Vol 3 vs And Then There Was X. DMX DOUBLED Jay’s sales.
Nor It’s Dark or Flesh outsold HKL. And then was the first and last time outselling Jay when their albums were released in the same window

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

This what I been tryna tell nikkas. I was there at the fukkin show and this goofy nikka @Cladyclad tryna say some other shyt. I don’t remember nikkas leaving cause nikkas fukked wit Jay in NYC but I know for a FACT more people was there to see X.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nor It’s Dark or Flesh outsold HKL. And then was the first and last time outselling Jay when their albums were released in the same window
nikka IDAHIH and FOMF came out the same year. If u put the album sales together he sold MORE than Jay sold with HNL. That’s facts. We talkin bout that era so what the fukk do AFTER that era have anything to do with anything? In that era. DMX had more records sold than Jay overall. And that’s facts. Jay went on to sell more than X cause X fizzled out cause of the drugs n him focusing more on movies. But then Jay had other contenders in Nelly and Eminem.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This what I been tryna tell nikkas. I was there at the fukkin show and this goofy nikka @Cladyclad tryna say some other shyt. I don’t remember nikkas leaving cause nikkas fukked wit Jay in NYC but I know for a FACT more people was there to see X.
Yo hatred for jay z is unreal lol

nikka was doing exit polls 23 years ago lol

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yo hatred for jay z is unreal lol

nikka was doing exit polls 23 years ago lol
I don’t hate Jay I been defending Jay all thru this thread u goofy ass nikka. I’m just telling the truth and there’s multiple other people that was there at the time in this thread saying the same shyt as me. U just don’t know what the fukk u talking about.