Wack100 Goes OFF on Just Blaze in a Clubhouse debate : Calls Ice T, Pac,Kurupt Turnouts to

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
nikka IDAHIH and FOMF came out the same year. If u put the album sales together he sold MORE than Jay sold with HNL. That’s facts. We talkin bout that era so what the fukk do AFTER that era have anything to do with anything? In that era. DMX had more records sold than Jay overall. And that’s facts.
Anyone who reading this if y’all don’t see the hatred in dude post. idk what to say

lol this dude combining 2 albums sales :laff:

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
All the Hip Hop discussions I've been in the room for in Clubhouse have been awful minus one (It was mainly 80s Hip Hop discussion and I learned a lot). These nikkas really don't know shyt about rap. It's actually infuriating.
It kind of remind me of internet threads tbh. Down to the same tired discussions. Like some of them is household names but they even arguing the same points that random booth posters will argue about.

I listen to the clubhouse for the same reason I'll listen to a podcast. I want some classic stories or to learn about some shyt I didn't know. fukk all this top 10, top 5, who's the best west, east, south shyt.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It kind of remind me of internet threads tbh. Down to the same tired discussions. Like some of them is household names but they even arguing the same points that random booth posters will argue about.
Because they're regular random people too, lol. I don't know why people look to "known" people for validation when it comes to what's hot and not, who is great and who's not, etc... Not you specifically, just speaking in general.

fukk these cornballs, lol, their opinions are no more or less valid than mine or yours or whoever elses. People giving "hip hop media"...a.k.a. random ass dudes with blogs who yall propelled to household names for whatever reason...all this power and influence is what ruined hip hop, they're basically just randoms with a platform, no more or less. Their taste in everything be ass a lot of the time, lol.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Nah DMX and JayZ were neck and neck like Stone Cold and The Rock but DMX locked it down when he put out Flesh of My Flesh and had two number 1s
You nikkas have any idea how HUGE the Ruff Ryders movement was? That impact was HUGE out here in the Carolinas.
X not only killed that shiny suit shyt and took it back to the streets on wax but he brought out the dirt bikes and motor cycles
Then he was in a movie(Belly) which was big in hip hop at the time
Survival of the illest tour
Dropped two number one albums in the same year
That nikkah JayZ had to take the diamonds and flossy sh*t off for a minute and get gritty with them nikkahs.. He started using that Ruff Ryder sound on Hard Knock Life.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah DMX and JayZ were neck and neck like Stone Cold and The Rock but DMX locked it down when he put out Flesh of My Flesh and had two number 1s
You nikkas have any idea how HUGE the Ruff Ryders movement was? That impact was HUGE out here in the Carolinas.
X not only killed that shiny suit shyt and took it back to the streets on wax but he brought out the dirt bikes and motor cycles
That nikkah JayZ had to take the diamonds and flossy sh*t off for a minute and get gritty with them nikkahs.. He started using that Ruff Ryder sound on Hard Knock Life.
Anyone who was around at the time knows this shyt but I point this out and u got goofy ass nikkas like @Cladyclad saying I hate Jay Z and that X wasn’t that nikka. Lol

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is a PERFECT example of someone who knows WTF he's talking about because of experiencing it and not basing off googles and cliff notes.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay was bigger. Ha came out in October of 1998. Jay was unquestionable the bigger artist at the time. By time the remix came around in May 1999, Jay was even bigger by then. Juvenile was huge too but "Back That Ass Up" wasn't even out yet.

Agreed

These things tend to turn into pointless arguments though, because of the regional aspect. If you lived in the south, Juvi was bigger. If you lived in the east, Jay was bigger. That’s how it went back then.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the cusp of the problem I have with this argument. It's when nikkaz go to google to justify their argument proving they were either too young or stuck in a bubble to really understand the true hip hop climate nationwide.

They only refer to the sales of what WHITE SUBURBAN kids and the TRL's viewers were on and never the STREETS. Never the hoods that didn't or couldn't afford to go to Sam Goody or Sound Warehouse or any mall to cop CD's and tapes. They dub albums with blank CD's and tapes. And ho on word of mouth and the DJ's of their areas.

If you really knew what you was talking about then you know from EXPERIENCE and not what google say. And it's not to undermine Jay-Z but to put into PROPER CONTEXT of how big of a run Juvenile was getting. You had to go to those clubs and the hoods in the south, midwest, southwest and even a little on the west coast, especially places like Seattle or Portland snd not just Cali. Hood nikkaz weren't everywhere bumping Hard Knock Life with the Annie sample. They were bumping HA because they could directly RELATE to that. Hood bytchez werent bumping "Can I Get A fukk You" with Amil... they are and still to this DAY wild out once Back That Azz Up hit the speakers.

So pulling up RIAA certifications that more based on shipments to record stores and labels requests over the VIBE OF THE STREETS. It tells me that you wasn't experiencing it like that. Either too young or in a bubble.

I can relate to everything you’re saying. However, in all fairness, if I based everything solely off personal experiences living in the south, Jay wouldn’t even be viewed as a big artist. We all know what the hood gravitates to and what makes it to the mainstream is entirely different.

Sales gotta count for something. Do or Die’s “Headz or Tailz” was bumped way more in the hood then Vol.2 ever was in 98, but I wouldn’t attempt to argue that it was a bigger album then vol.2.