Vulgarity killed RnB

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
I think everyone trying to be a solo artist is an issue. Where are all the groups? I miss the harmonies.

I was listening to an old CD I made and I didn't know if it was the Bose system in my SUV or not at first. Then it hit me...it's bc Boyz 2 Men was harmonizing their ass off in this song. It added such a great feeling to this song.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup RnB songs are best when the lyrics are subtle and use metaphors and innuendo as opposed to flat out saying I want fukk

I think they simply don't know how to use metaphors and innuendo. They say it's a lot easier to be an artist these days so maybe you just have a bunch of ordinary muthaphuckas who really can't write for shyt and would never be mainstream back in the days doing music. They'd be Blowfly status.

tone wone

That Dude!
Daps
Reppin
It became so bad that even Lil Jon feels bad for creating a monster that killed off quality black music.
Brehs from my era (I'm 30), we gotta own our mistakes....

T-Pain

Literally his 1st real hit was called "I'm In Love Wit a Stripper" :snoop:

We knew this nikka couldn't sing nor dance yet we let him become an absolute star. This dude owned the radio for 3 straight summers. From 2006-2008 he was apart of multiple smashes each. Virtually every song he made was set in the club. Introduced auto-tune to the mainstream and we've been stuck with the shyt ever since.

Add Trey Songz catching a brick with Just Gotta Make It...we really did some damage.

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Another problem is that people don't actually PRODUCE anymore. .Now people wanna just make a beat. ok sing over it. ok you sound good, come out the booth. We need more arrangements with songs. the ad libs, the background vocals, the instruments. When to go high or low in your vocals. We need REAL PRODUCERS.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Brehs from my era (I'm 30), we gotta own our mistakes....

T-Pain

Literally his 1st real hit was called "I'm In Love Wit a Stripper" :snoop:

We knew this nikka couldn't sing nor dance yet we let him become an absolute star. This dude owned the radio for 3 straight summers. From 2006-2008 he was apart of multiple smashes each. Virtually every song he made was set in the club. Introduced auto-tune to the mainstream and we've been stuck with the shyt ever since.

Add Trey Songz catching a brick with Just Gotta Make It...we really did some damage.

Funny thing about T-Pain is his natural non-autotune voice is very capable of good singing. He just rarely did it

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
extreme vulgarity + nikkas who can't sing + fans with low standards killed R&B

Think about how talented R Kelly was and how NO ONE comes even close. The Dream is pretty prolific but he aint no young nikka, he old as shyt. None of these young nikkas are really super talented