Vulgarity killed RnB

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i agree i said the same thing when that cb single was 1st posted here. to me weekend came in w/ something different w/ hob. as someone who typically hates traditional rnb w/ dudes moaning and groaning in slow ballads over females, hob was something fresh, new and amazing to me. yea, he was singing but he wasnt an rnb artist in my eyes. in little time he spawned a slew of imitators as all great things do. and old dudes like chris brown jumping on the bandwagon somewhat w/ the cringe single.

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
Trey dropped sex ain't better than love :wow:shyt shouldve been a huge ass record

Lyfe Jennings was da truth legal shyt fukked him up

August alsina got heat

Lloyd just dropped some real shyt

Musiq too

Last edited:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

this is a good song. when i heard it, i was like :leon:

then the chorus comes on, and he says let me fukk you back to sleep:childplease:

why not come up with something better? it's just cursing for no reason. Brown has a lot of songs that would be good withoutthat shyt. Same with Bryson Tiller cursing up a storm. Why?

Like there wasn't vulgar R&B in the 90s

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
This thread hit it on the head. (IMO) Miguel never won the grammy for Kaleidoscope Dreams was because he had great neo soul album followed by a song titled "The p*ssy is mine"

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

this is a good song. when i heard it, i was like :leon:

then the chorus comes on, and he says let me fukk you back to sleep:childplease:

why not come up with something better? it's just cursing for no reason. Brown has a lot of songs that would be good withoutthat shyt. Same with Bryson Tiller cursing up a storm. Why?

Just think of it as the evolution of mca biv ten to puff AR era.
Plus, add the sonic landscape of koch meets Disney cheetah girl auto tune.
That was patterned to this gen with micky mouse club emulation of everything.
Mixed with whatever disco rnb snatched the latest sound and it is what you have here.

Real talk, I wish rap would take it back from rnb.
All because the people they call rappers now are female voice over artist and rnb singers.

Art Barr

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hoe ass Pharell and Timbaland started gentrification of R&b by giving Britney, Beiber, Timberlake and these Mickey mouse muthafukkas all of their hottest production. I remember when Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis refused to give Paula Abdul beats made for Janet's album because those were for Janet only.

:ohhh:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them nikkas don't really sing silk jodeci kells could talk as dirty as they want because they had the vocals

:russ: that actually would be funny hearing K-ci and Jojo sing fukk you back to sleep on some feenin shyt. But I agree grown up on R&B from the 80's, 90's to the early 2000's it has heavily digressed in content. I remember when R&B use to celebrate our black queens. Now it's all about them thots and bytches no wonder some of these chicks outchea acting a fool.