Vulgarity killed RnB

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:Was like they saw the wedding singer in Old School and just ran with it :mjlol:

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Mainstream R&B is at an all time low in terms of quality. Damn near every singer can't sing and wanna be rappers whilst struggle-crooning on trap-lite beats.

Maybe I'm just an old head at heart but this is why I think Neo-Soul >>> R&B
Neo-Soul, in my view, is partly responsible for the state R&B is currently in.

Folks are trying to re-create a sound that was already done and done better.

A new musical movement in R&B needs to happen.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
c/s threadstarter. this beena gripe of mine too. like there was a little girl - about 7, at the beyonce concerts and the number of bytches bey was dropping had me like damn, kids can't even sing BEYONCE songs without sound like lil ratchets. rihanna is another, i love her music, at the same time, some of it is vulgar for no reason. songwriters need to be more creative man, aint no reason to be singing about "nikkas" "fukk you" "bytch"

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Neo-Soul, in my view, is partly responsible for the state R&B is currently in.

Folks are trying to re-create a sound that was already done and done better.

A new musical movement in R&B needs to happen.
neo-soul isn't responsible for anything. the cacs who mad "neo-soul" a separate category allowed it to be separated from r&b so they wouldn't be forced to have to play "positive" music on mainstream stations. then of course there was a certain "look" and image the promoted as neo-soul and it further removed them from the mainstream. neo soul (hate that) sounds nothing like old music, for every song like on and on, you got shyt like window seat and honey which are very modern...ahh don't get me started here. i really have beef with how neo soul was isolated and subdivided as a way to keep it in a box away from mainstream urban stations

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
neo-soul isn't responsible for anything. the cacs who mad "neo-soul" a separate category allowed it to be separated from r&b so they wouldn't be forced to have to play "positive" music on mainstream stations. then of course there was a certain "look" and image the promoted as neo-soul and it further removed them from the mainstream. neo soul (hate that) sounds nothing like old music, for every song like on and on, you got shyt like window seat and honey which are very modern...ahh don't get me started here. i really have beef with how neo soul was isolated and subdivided as a way to keep it in a box away from mainstream urban stations
Actually, blame Kedar Massenberg. He was the one who coined the term "neo-soul."

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I just wanna say that bullshyt "No Limit" by Usher PISSED me off so bad. :scust:

I'm sorry but that song is just fukking trash man. It saddens me Usher lowered himself to that shyt :snoop:
no limit is cool to me, but him singing save a thot songs like "don't mind" was :snoop:, dude been dating 40 year olds for the past 20 years but making songs about saving hoes sliding down poles :rudy:

tone wone

That Dude!
Daps
Reppin
I sorta want to blame women. Literally all they care about is a song being catchy. He doesn't have to be a top tier vocalist. Nyggas can sound like absolutely shyt, but if its catchy, a female will like it.

Women are kind of retarded. They never really care much about anything in music that requires some skill and talent.
Somewhere in the last 10-15 years strippers became the most influential demo in black music. The music caters to them.

Im blown away at how little vocals matter now. Someone earlier mentioned how you rarely see footage of cats singing a capella nowadays.