Vulgarity killed RnB

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
that chris brown privacy song is a key offender...song coulda been great then he goes "Whipped cream on your titties, then you suckin' on my dikk with ice" :snoop:

no fukking romance
:dead:@ me clicking on this thread and this being the first post I see. Sums everything up perfectly lol

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
actually the cost of rnb killed old rnb.
which is why they worked so hard to reuse rnb to re-misappropriate rap.
so they could misappropriate rap the same way as they did blues to make rock.

now, they don't have to have talent on vocal tonality or the actual ability to sing.
now they can just use rap style rnb being that it is more in line to the cheapest music to ever create and that was rap.

art barr

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
theinternet_hivemind.jpg

Too bad this album didn’t really take off like it should’ve. I’m older and mostly listen to the older stuff, but I mess with some of the newer shyt. This is one of my favorite albums from the recent years. This is a good band making good music that should be all over the radio

This album might be classic status for me. I can listen to it everyday

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I don’t know if I posted in here already, but it’s not necessarily vulgarity, but overly obvious blunt vulgarity, combined with R&B singers wanting to rap. Old R&B was more subtle and slow, so often times you’d miss the explicitness that was said.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
theinternet_hivemind.jpg

Too bad this album didn’t really take off like it should’ve. I’m older and mostly listen to the older stuff, but I mess with some of the newer shyt. This is one of my favorite albums from the recent years. This is a good band making good music that should be all over the radio

This album might be classic status for me. I can listen to it everyday
As a tangent, I was wondering if part of their lack of success is, one, r&b just has a ceiling nowadays, but two, is it because Syd is not only a lesbian but also not the best looking https://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-...crop-of-r-b-singers-back-from-success.747930/

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know if I posted in here already, but it’s not necessarily vulgarity, but overly obvious blunt vulgarity, combined with R&B singers wanting to rap. Old R&B was more subtle and slow, so often times you’d miss the explicitness that was said.

They out here making Adina Howard's "Freak Like Me" sound like a PG song from the Trolls soundtrack with how explicit these songs are now.