Unmarried, childless women are happiest people of all, says expert

Gravity

Banned
Daps
/thread.

Nothing left to see here
So if this study is true, with marriage and birth rates being on a steady decline for decades while divorce rates have been rising.....

The drop in marriages is even more dramatic when the rapid growth in the U.S. population is taken into account. In fact, the marriage rate is the lowest in at least 150 years.
Why are fewer people getting married? | Third Rail with OZY | PBS

The U.S. birthrate fell again in 2018, to 3,788,235 births — representing a 2% drop from 2017. It's the lowest number of births in 32 years, according to a new federal report. The numbers also sank the U.S. fertility rate to a record low.
NPR Choice page

shouldn't women be "happier" now than ever?

But when Hedegaard and her colleagues compared the rise in the rates of death by suicide from 2000 to 2016, the increase was significantly larger for females — increasing by 21 percent for boys and men, compared with 50 percent for girls and women.

There's "sort of a narrowing of the [gender] gap in rates," Hedegaard notes.

The biggest change was seen among women in late middle age. "For females between the ages of 45 and 64, the suicide rate increased by 60 percent," she says. "That's a pretty large increase in a relatively short period of time."

NPR Choice page

:patrice: Things don't seem to be adding up.

For anecdotal public examples, just look at some of theses broads in entertainment/Hollywood. Tamron Hall just got married and had a baby(after a struggle) at 50. Clearly she wasn't happier single and childless. Vivica is out here expressing her regrets to the world. Tyra Banks was out here talking about her struggles to have children until she finally had a child. Gabrielle Union is taking care of a side baby to keep her husband/family. Where are all the examples of these happy single childless women?

Growing old alone isn't what's up and you shouldn't need a "study" to tell you that.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
My grandfather was divorced twice and now that he’s 80 even now he still is adamant that he’s happy

But that happiness is because he lived a thorough life and watched to see his kids grow and prosper. Part of his happiness were his kids but his failed marriages were something he eventually got over emotionally. Even today he’s fine with seeing my grandmother and her new bf coZy up at family parties and BBQs :mjlol:but he’ll still leave early to avoid that.

I agree with the notion that marriage won’t necessarily provide you with happiness but caring for, raising and nurturing a child seems to be the better pay off (plus you contribute to evolution and have a offspring):yeshrug:

I’m a little :usure: about the findings in the article because whatever career finances someone going thru usually plays a part in dictating your future of having either a marriage or kid as well.

It takes a village to raise a child and you better have enough money to raise em too

Fly

Superstar
Daps
You simpletons are something else.
I’m not a simp, but you’re likely one of these insecure losers that need women to have some obligation to need/want men for their own happiness because you bring little to the table as an individual, like most of the lames itt

If y’all was really gettin it like that, this article wouldn’t bother y’all, but this section is full of incels so :yeshrug:

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
I’m not a simp, but you’re likely one of these insecure losers that need women to have some obligation to need/want men for their own happiness because you bring little to the table as an individual, like most of the lames itt

If y’all was really gettin it like that, this article wouldn’t bother y’all, but this section is full of incels so :yeshrug:
More nonsense from you. I hope this is just youth clouding your mind.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine living out of a 1 bedroom apartment at 40 because you can’t afford a house alone and too you’re “happy” to find a partner :mjcry:
Or she could have a paid for home and money to travel. A lot of women are securing the bag early for this reason. Being alone is one thing, being broke and alone is another.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i think it’s the social norms of the last 100-200 years that got ya’ll believing that women just live to one day get married and have children.. these new age women (millenials).. are really like fukk all that shyt..

Not only that but for centuries women basically had to get married if we wanted food and shelter since we couldn't work etc. We have options and we're exercising them.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My grandfather was divorced twice and now that he’s 80 even now he still is adamant that he’s happy

But that happiness is because he lived a thorough life and watched to see his kids grow and prosper. Part of his happiness were his kids but his failed marriages were something he eventually got over emotionally. Even today he’s fine with seeing my grandmother and her new bf coZy up at family parties and BBQs :mjlol:but he’ll still leave early to avoid that.

I agree with the notion that marriage won’t necessarily provide you with happiness but caring for, raising and nurturing a child seems to be the better pay off (plus you contribute to evolution and have a offspring):yeshrug:

I’m a little :usure: about the findings in the article because whatever career finances someone going thru usually plays a part in dictating your future of having either a marriage or kid as well.

It takes a village to raise a child and you better have enough money to raise em too

All this is true