Unmarried, childless women are happiest people of all, says expert

Caribbean lover

All Star
Daps
A new book says married women are miserable. Don’t believe it.

Haven't really bothered to post on here for a long time but to anyone still interested in the topic i highly recommend you read the above article. The conclusions and statements made by Mr dolan in an attempt to promote his book don't seem to be backed up by the data. Seems like similar to Naomi wolf he misunderstood a term used in the time survey(spouse absent) a mistake which he admits in the article in correspondence to another researcher. Don't take everything in best selling books as gospel even if they come from noted researchers.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Its also quite funny when you compare america and parts of europe to the rest of the world.

Its like white folks western societies have used money and material shyt to replace family and kids to bring them joy.

I can travel to mexico and india and the folks there ain't got 2 quarters to rub together but be happier than the folks in america because they have big tight knit families. Who do everything together.

I also believe that america has made a conscious effort to de-emphasize the need for family and attacked the need for kids or encouraged for them to be viewed as adults quicky. IMO this is a concerted effort in order for companies to make every American a institutionalized consumer even when income levels are eroding. I mean if folks have less kids that means they have more capital to spend. Sort of how companies target gays cause they have more capital because they are less likely to have children.
I have a brother that traveled with petroleum engineering teams to Africa and he said the people there were happier than people in America despite being “poorer”. Through his career the more he traveled the more he saw it, and when he’d come back home he’d look at how miserable everyone seemed with their trinkets. He said it was very eye opening for him. He makes as much money as my wife and lives the most modestly of all my siblings.

I don’t have children but I do not think there is anything on this earth I could buy that would be more rewarding or fulfilling than my son bringing me a report card he is proud of, or watching my daughter be a ballerina or grow up into a scientist.

Because anything you can buy is just something that some other person made, not you.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Bro this is facts. I was even telling my mom that a couple days ago like, "do you know how much money you'd have if you didn't have me" ? I told her from the jump I'm not getting kids, she doesn't believe me talking about "wait til I find the right one and all that will change blah blah blah"

but na bro, I can't stress it enough how much I love my freedom
I don’t think any parent would genuinely trade their child, for money. If you asks a a parent, who’s raised a child, “would you rather have your child or $300,000, pick one.” I don’t think they’d pick the money.
[

Last edited:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have a brother that traveled with petroleum engineering teams to Africa and he said the people there were happier than people in America despite being “poorer”. Through his career the more he traveled the more he saw it, and when he’d come back home he’d look at how miserable everyone seemed with their trinkets. He said it was very eye opening for him. He makes as much money as my wife and lives the most modestly of all my siblings.

I don’t have children but I do not think there is anything on this earth I could buy that would be more rewarding or fulfilling than my son bringing me a report card he is proud of, or watching my daughter be a ballerina or grow up into a scientist.

Because anything you can buy is just something that some other person made, not you.
you are only seeing a portion of those people's lives
people will adjust to their standard of living
but saying people are more happy being poorer is wild
your priorities and sense of gratitude are more important
you can be happy in jail but that doesn't mean its a better position to be in