Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
:huhldup:

Did they turn you down at first?

Wait...are you talking UI benefits or the job who accepted u?:wtf:

I'm talking about UI benefits. They messed around and approved me without doing their homework, which was really their fault. The company contacted them and they made me do a telephone hearing with my former boss with some ratchet unemployment lady mediating.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
I'm talking about UI benefits. They messed around and approved me without doing their homework, which was really their fault. The company contacted them and they made me do a telephone hearing with my former boss with some ratchet unemployment lady mediating.

:whew::whew:

Damn, man, sorry about that

One of my friends got jammed up like that still filing when
he had a full-time gig. Now those job search requirements
is about to stop some of the fraud, but not all of it.

With this situation, reporting your wages when you've gotten
your fill of unemployment is what get you jammed up in the first
place. :damn:

I say if you done, just stop certifying all together

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
I'm right there with you.

Got a bachelors in Sociology (yea, yea...I know, I know :snoop:). Then got my masters in Criminal Justice. Even after serving nearly 10 years in the military it's hard out here man. I live in Staten Island and I got enough money to last me until about September. I might have to go back into the military even though I've been out since '09.

The only job that I even got an interview for, was a pest exterminator paying at $15 an hour. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and they haven't called me back. I got a gut feeling that they believe I'm over-qualified and wont hire me because they think that as soon as a better job comes along I will jump at the chance, (which I will, of course).

I still got 4 months left on my GI Bill...Maybe I should get into a certification class to improve my resume.

shyt just...sucks

You gotta leave the degrees off your resume when applying for dem low-wage jobs breh.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
You gotta leave the degrees off your resume when applying for dem low-wage jobs breh.

And the thing is, this is so backwards to me and I know
you are right. Being overqualified for a job means no
job security to those low wage gigs.

I guess they think you are there to grow with the
company. fukk outta here:why:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I'm right there with you.

Got a bachelors in Sociology (yea, yea...I know, I know :snoop:). Then got my masters in Criminal Justice. Even after serving nearly 10 years in the military it's hard out here man. I live in Staten Island and I got enough money to last me until about September. I might have to go back into the military even though I've been out since '09.

The only job that I even got an interview for, was a pest exterminator paying at $15 an hour. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and they haven't called me back. I got a gut feeling that they believe I'm over-qualified and wont hire me because they think that as soon as a better job comes along I will jump at the chance, (which I will, of course).

I still got 4 months left on my GI Bill...Maybe I should get into a certification class to improve my resume.

shyt just...sucks
aye

i got out the army in 09 and now a contractor working with the army

i just got back from Afghanistan about 2 weeks ago

check out:

American Corporate Partners

American Corporate Partners is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping military veterans transition from the armed services to the civilian workforce through two free programs: a nationwide Mentoring Program and ACP AdvisorNet

Veteran Mentoring Program | American Corporate Partners (ACP)

they give veterans who came in after Sept 2001 a mentor from a fortune 500 company to assist with job search and information- they help with resumes and all kinds of shyt

for free

aye hit me up on a pm and i have more resources for veterans that i can give u

Daps
I just finished my first year of college and I know that pain :sadbron:

I was jobless for two years. **** havin to pay for bills, I wasn't even :eat: enough to buy cigarettes or go to the movies :snoop:

I applied for every retail job possible in the Chicago area for a year straight ( I heard something like almost half of young adults in the country can't find part-time work :ohhh: ) when..... when.... Starbucks called me for an interview.

They receive like 150,000 applications a year, and I even applied to bum *** places like KFC and Taco Bell. :wtf:

I got the job, and it's putting spending money in my pocket :jawalrus: and enough to save a few bucks here and there.

But these mother****** Mexican families need to cut it out with the Frappuccino's!!! These cats thinking Starbucks is Dairy Queen. They pile into Astro Vans and order like 10 at a time. How many kids they got seated up in that? :ohhh:

It's killing me :damn: , but reading some of the stories in this thread has me thinking im blessed :whoo:

Keep your heads up and be persistent :salute:

J.Connor

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Metro Detroit
I'm in the same boat as a lot of y'all. been graduated from college with a marketing degree :snoop: once I hit the job market I immediately regretted my decision to choose that as a major. seems like the only jobs that were hittin me up for interviews, and still to this day, are sales positions that don't even require a degree.

Had a job working in manufacturing, just because I wanted to try something new and see if I could grow in that company, they ended up going bankrupt, selling the company, and laying off about 50 percent of the workforce including myself. Now I'm on unemployment once again looking for a job in metro detroit. when I got laid off I thought I could ride this degree and would have had no problem finding a new gig. I was sadly mistaken :sadcam:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
And the thing is, this is so backwards to me and I know
you are right. Being overqualified for a job means no
job security to those low wage gigs.

I guess they think you are there to grow with the
company. fukk outta here:why:
Think about it, would you waste time hiring someone you thought would leave in a month?

You right. Leave them both off...Keep the military on there.

Yup

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps

The last company I worked for tried to deny my Unemployment benefits, I appealed the decision, went in front of a judge and won

Now I'm getting $450 a week in unemployment here in California

I'm going into business for myself so unemployment has been a life saver. Now I have the time to work on my own ish

If you can I would appeal that decision and fight your case in front of a judge