Unemployment is killing me man.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Keep your heads up brehs. :to:

I know how yall feel, I graduated in 08 (during the worst part of the recession) in one of the worst-hit areas economically. Found a decent paying job a few months after graduation, but I got laid off with no warning after about five months. About three months after being laid off, I finally found another job, but the pay/benefits were really shytty (was like $13/hr or something) and I was working it just to make ends meet.

Didn't really land what I'd call a "good" job until last year. Shyt is rough out here, degree or not.

FLASH

Banned
Daps
Reppin
CHIRAQ
Some words of encouragement:

You may have lost hope looking for employment. I say, that's the issue. Hope is God's greatest gift to us. Negative energy creates negative results. Think positive, but you must believe in it, this positive energy will rub off on anything you set out to do.

Yeah. There may be people that are employed but that doesn't make them better than you. The real measure of a person's wealth is how much he would be worth if he lost all his money. So next time you look at yourself in the mirror, look from within.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
@wildchild11 stop embarassing yaself out here

if you could get unemployment....

stack up 500 dollars

grab a digital scale for around 40 dollars

grab some baggies. they sell em at my corner store

cop a ounce of reg for around 300. (nikkas without jobs smoke this shyt)

its around like 27 to 28 grams in a ounce

break that down in nickel bags....around .5

thats damn near 110 bags

say you grabbed the ounce for like 300....thats 250 profit.

keep slow grinding till you work ya way up to slingin pounds.

then you could grind till you get sour diesel money.

hey mann.....america is the land of opportunity

you aint gonna make no money if you dont take risk

nikkas out here slaving for 10 dollars a hour....you makin 5-10 in 5-10 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Man....I can't just up and go somewhere with about $1000 in the bank. Where would I stay, what would i eat

this

I never understood the logic behind people saying you should move, when you just said you have no money and no job. :dead: its too much of a risk

but on the real, its hard out there man. you need to start looking outside the box now, since this job search isnt going the way you want. you can make money in other ways while your looking. I got a few husltes myself. a good start would be online. find a legit money making plan online. whether its blogging, website..whatever. I make a good 300-500 a month online, in my sleep. and I just started a few months ago. making money while you sleep is a nice feeling breh and that will keep some change in your pocket while you keep lookin.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Job market is completely fukked. Our generation is screwed. I have no clue why companies even post job ad's online anymore, everything is done internal/networking.

If you don't have a network to get a job, you are done. Dead in the water.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Save up and get that security license. It's gonna run you about $250. If you want more money get a Boiler Operator license along with that or get your gun permit like other dude said.

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
Brehs, hit up your local unemployment office and they will hook you with a job or apply for security jobs and get a gun permit to make more money.

I just for my security officer license and its hella jobs open up to me now, plan on doing this and going to college for my masters

whats that shyt like in your city? every dyke and derelict in my city is a security guard. sometimes you can only tell them apart from the goons by the tie:lolbron:

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
I'm right there with you.

Got a bachelors in Sociology (yea, yea...I know, I know :snoop:). Then got my masters in Criminal Justice. Even after serving nearly 10 years in the military it's hard out here man. I live in Staten Island and I got enough money to last me until about September. I might have to go back into the military even though I've been out since '09.

The only job that I even got an interview for, was a pest exterminator paying at $15 an hour. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and they haven't called me back. I got a gut feeling that they believe I'm over-qualified and wont hire me because they think that as soon as a better job comes along I will jump at the chance, (which I will, of course).

I still got 4 months left on my GI Bill...Maybe I should get into a certification class to improve my resume.

shyt just...sucks

Dumb down for your audience to double your dollars. Re-apply in 2 mos breh.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
whats that shyt like in your city? every dyke and derelict in my city is a security guard. sometimes you can only tell them apart from the goons by the tie:lolbron:

almost the same here, just some of our guards are cute and thick as fukk :ohlawd:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got offered a job making $50 and hour but it's freelance. I'm making $17 an hour at my current job and it's fulltime. But I've been there 5 years and there is not a lot of room for advancement. I could go freelance and try to work both or part-time and keep my benefits.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
@wildchild11 stop embarassing yaself out here

if you could get unemployment....

stack up 500 dollars

grab a digital scale for around 40 dollars

grab some baggies. they sell em at my corner store

cop a ounce of reg for around 300. (nikkas without jobs smoke this shyt)

its around like 27 to 28 grams in a ounce

break that down in nickel bags....around .5

thats damn near 110 bags

say you grabbed the ounce for like 300....thats 250 profit.

keep slow grinding till you work ya way up to slingin pounds.

then you could grind till you get sour diesel money.

hey mann.....america is the land of opportunity

you aint gonna make no money if you dont take risk

Where the hell you stay at that you paying 300 bucks for an ounce of mid or reg. 300 bucks an ounce is what nikkas be paying for purp and shyt round my way. If I had to spend more then 120 for an ounce of mid or reg I wouldn't smoke anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: