Unemployment is killing me man.

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
The last company I worked for tried to deny my Unemployment benefits, I appealed the decision, went in front of a judge and won

Now I'm getting $450 a week in unemployment here in California

I'm going into business for myself so unemployment has been a life saver. Now I have the time to work on my own ish

If you can I would appeal that decision and fight your case in front of a judge

I was recently laid off by my job as well... This is pretty much what my plan is as well. Flip a few things, use unemployment to build money, do some things off the books (craigslist and whatnot). Then launch my business after I have thought things through.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
As a fellow industrial engineering grad let me tell you, negro you need to move. And don't look primarily in big cities because that's not where many plants and manufacturing centers are and there is a lot of competition in those cities.. You need to look in offbrand places like Arkansas, Kentucky, Iowa, etc.... It's not ideal but you are young. You can do 3 years in a spot like that easy and then you stand a better chance at landing something in a good city.

Money isn't an excuse. I moved to Memphis with only the shyt I had in my car, 300 dollars, and my folks paid my first month rent. I had no furniture at all. Slept on a cheap air mattress and had a single folding chair I bought from Wal-Mart.

Apply to jobs in those out of the way areas and get on the road.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
As a fellow industrial engineering grad let me tell you, negro you need to move. And don't look primarily in big cities because that's not where many plants and manufacturing centers are and there is a lot of competition in those cities.. You need to look in offbrand places like Arkansas, Kentucky, Iowa, etc.... It's not ideal but you are young. You can do 3 years in a spot like that easy and then you stand a better chance at landing something in a good city.

Money isn't an excuse. I moved to Memphis with only the shyt I had in my car, 300 dollars, and my folks paid my first month rent. I had no furniture at all. Slept on a cheap air mattress and had a single folding chair I bought from Wal-Mart.

Apply to jobs in those out of the way areas and get on the road.

exactly,I wonder if OP even bothered to look for work outside city limits

There's always demand for Industrial Engineers...real engineers that is..not them fake ones.
They calling everybody an engineer nowadays..sanitation engineers,carpet engineers etc

U need to go where jobs are OP..

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
All these jobs you've applied to, have you called any of them to inquire on the staus of your application? I hope you're not sitting on your ass waiting for a call, because often times you won't get it.

Employed stem major signing in:myman:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
U gotta grind harder OP, something aint addin up

There's hundreds of people applying for the same shytty warehouse job I'm looking at at the moment. What are the chances of getting picked out of that especially with no prior work experience.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
lol HarlemsOwn is a hustler..but dude's solution for EVERY problem is just grab that work...it's not that simple, this guy did things the right way and went to school, stayed out of trouble, got a degree....a practical one too, and just needs that job. It's a bad look to be out there with a 28 looking crazy and he has a degree...it's worse look to be starving, but he isn't. If you aren't 100% with that life, at our age...we all getting up there, just leave that shyt alone, dude went to school for a reason.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Do the jobs no one wants to do. Two summers ago, I flubbed on finding an internship so I had to work a bullshyt warehouse job over the summer to keep money in my pocket. If you can do overnight work/3rd shift, they'll beg you to take that job.

beck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
consider the expatriate route as well....i'm a structural engineer and after school i've been looking for 9 months for work, i had offers but i didn't sell myself short and i kept looking...now i'm an expat, and even though i'm not paid as i would like too, it's ok as it offers me the opportunity to build on my experience

in engineering the first 2-3 years of experience are very hard, after that if you are good you set for life

look everywhere, on every site....consider oil and gas jobs....nowadays they pay like a motherfukker if you work in areas where they have oil (as an expat) : places like Central Africa (which is very safe nowadays), South Africa, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia etc....so you have to move and relocate...but these companies will supply air tickets, house renting, gas, a car etc

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
@wildchild11 stop embarassing yaself out here

if you could get unemployment....

stack up 500 dollars

grab a digital scale for around 40 dollars

grab some baggies. they sell em at my corner store

cop a ounce of reg for around 300. (nikkas without jobs smoke this shyt)

its around like 27 to 28 grams in a ounce

break that down in nickel bags....around .5

thats damn near 110 bags

say you grabbed the ounce for like 300....thats 250 profit.

keep slow grinding till you work ya way up to slingin pounds.

then you could grind till you get sour diesel money.

hey mann.....america is the land of opportunity

you aint gonna make no money if you dont take risk

nikkas out here slaving for 10 dollars a hour....you makin 5-10 in 5-10 minutes

this statement discredits everything u ever said on here....nikkas payin around 300 a zip for dro, and this nikka said reggie :bryan:

Last edited by a moderator: