Unemployment is killing me man.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
i try to apply to spots that wont worry about background but i aint worried about that too much anymore cuz next tuesday imma have my shyt reduced and expunged

:pachaha: what spots don't? Mcdonalds or white castle? Even temp services make you take criminal background checks

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A great man once said ..

"Through every dark night,there's a bright day after that. No matter how hard it get,stick ya chest out,keep ya head up and handle it."

But seriously,I know it sucks but sh!t will get better. Just don't give up on it ..

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
industrial engineering but right now id screw caps onto toothpaste bottles for 3k/ month
Did you take the PE exam?

Industrial Engineering Jobs

Engineering Jobs // EngineerJobs.com

of course you might have to consider moving out of your state.
Yup you have to move

A nikka at work was talkin about goin up there to work at some oil place for 4 months. He got a woman, but I think she will have no worries. I doubt there are any bytches worth 2 drops of nut in the Dakotas
I tried to get my dude to go he thought i was playing

I dont have the money:sadcam:

Ive looked in Florida, Michigan.
No luck.
I meet people that have Engineering degrees and jobs daily at my job. They're from all over the world and i never heard of them paying out of pocket to move/relocate.
Most you might pay for is your plane ticket for the interview but you have to negotiate that too.
This is normal. My bro is a Civil Engineer and is currently interviewing. Many of the companies pay for his flight.
-How's your resume? You might have to pay someone to make a good one. No more tha $20 though(check out fiverr.com)
-Read up on interview questions and apply for as many jobs daily. Also post your resume online for recruiters to contact you.
-You need to network. If I knew you, i would try to help out (and im in Finance).
-Check out Norfolk Southern, armycorps(http://www.usace.army.mil), go to that Black Engineers' conference(i forget the name) etc

I repeat, be prepared to relocate.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
You could always get a job teaching science or math. Those jobs are always in demand, plus this is the hiring season for that

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Have any of you tried sales?
You can always eat if youre good at selling shyt.

Plus, I would use this time off as a time to reflect on what you want out of life.
You dont need a college degree to come up. Think about what you really want and go for it...you can teach yourself anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Have any of you tried sales?
You can always eat if youre good at selling shyt.

Plus, I would use this time off as a time to reflect on what you want out of life.
You dont need a college degree to come up. Think about what you really want and go for it...you can teach yourself anything.

How To Get A Job In The New Economy - YouTube

Quoted for truth. Selling isn't for everybody but I dropped outta hs in the 11th grade...I got a GED and I was making over 70k in retail sales. I eventually used that job as spring board into a gig that is paying me a base salary well over that. I'm not making 6 figures but I'm doing pretty good with no debts.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'm right there with you.

Got a bachelors in Sociology (yea, yea...I know, I know :snoop:). Then got my masters in Criminal Justice. Even after serving nearly 10 years in the military it's hard out here man. I live in Staten Island and I got enough money to last me until about September. I might have to go back into the military even though I've been out since '09.

The only job that I even got an interview for, was a pest exterminator paying at $15 an hour. I interviewed 3 weeks ago and they haven't called me back. I got a gut feeling that they believe I'm over-qualified and wont hire me because they think that as soon as a better job comes along I will jump at the chance, (which I will, of course).

I still got 4 months left on my GI Bill...Maybe I should get into a certification class to improve my resume.

shyt just...sucks

Bruh...what the fukk were you thinking? :pachaha:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Don't want to shyt on OP...but something tells me he ain't really grindin' like he's suppose to.