Ubisoft is in early development for open world Star Wars game

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Talk about a hot take here. I don't know anyone who thinks Fallen Order is a platformer. :mjlol:

The game plays like a Dark Souls game with faster movement.

Aint no "hot take." You do exponentially more platforming in that game than you do combat. That's not opinion, that's fact. Obviously its hyperbole to say it's strictly a platformer but you suffer from selective reading if you think the notion of the platforming being tedious is something never before seen. Thats not even touching on the horrid map thats near universally critiqued, which wouldnt be a big deal if backtracking wasn't so essential. Game has more in common with Prince of Persia than Souls, and considering the platforming dominates play time, that's an issue for those who didn't enjoy it.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Aint no "hot take." You do exponentially more platforming in that game than you do combat. That's not opinion, that's fact. Obviously its hyperbole to say it's strictly a platformer but you suffer from selective reading if you think the notion of the platforming being tedious is something never before seen. Thats not even touching on the horrid map thats near universally critiqued, which wouldnt be a big deal if backtracking wasn't so essential. Game has more in common with Prince of Persia than Souls, and considering the platforming dominates play time, that's an issue for those who didn't enjoy it.

I'm gonna disagree with you but no bad blood. :ld:

Playing through the game straight up without trying to get every collectible I feel is a good balance of combat and exploration. If you want to get all the collectibles then yeah you may find yourself platforming, but that's not how I played the game.

Kind of like Doom

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's funny how everyone is so pessimistic about this. sometimes it's like yall want games to be bad

Ehhh, normally I'd agree, but this announcement is coming when Ubisoft is in the middle of a pretty decent string of stuff that hasn't generated excitement over future games from Ubisoft.

Watchdogs Legion and Fenyx Rising didn't seem to be all that great, and Assassin's Creed, at least going from what I've seen, is pretty mixed too.

Sentiment that all Ubisoft games are the same seems to be coming back with a vengeance.

On top of that, announcing that it's an open world game developed by Massive immediately hits a button for some people. People who are into Division 2 are all about it. But for those that aren't invested, it feels like an impenetrable mess of a grindfest.

I'll wait to feel either way about it until we actually have any real info about it, but I can understand why some might be disinterested.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ehhh, normally I'd agree, but this announcement is coming when Ubisoft is in the middle of a pretty decent string of stuff that hasn't generated excitement over future games from Ubisoft.

Watchdogs Legion and Fenyx Rising didn't seem to be all that great, and Assassin's Creed, at least going from what I've seen, is pretty mixed too.

Sentiment that all Ubisoft games are the same seems to be coming back with a vengeance.

On top of that, announcing that it's an open world game developed by Massive immediately hits a button for some people. People who are into Division 2 are all about it. But for those that aren't invested, it feels like an impenetrable mess of a grindfest.

I'll wait to feel either way about it until we actually have any real info about it, but I can understand why some might be disinterested.

I’d honestly feel more optimistic from an unknown studio announcing it rather than Ubisoft. Kind of like the Harry Potter game.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d honestly feel more optimistic from an unknown studio announcing it rather than Ubisoft. Kind of like the Harry Potter game.

Understandable. It's hard to imagine that with the combo of their development record, and Disney probably wanting to cash out, that this doesn't end up being something like The Division.

But again, nobody knows anything other than the fact that they're making it, so for all we know, they could come with something unexpected.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm just gonna come right out before reading any replies and say shyt is gonna be fukking mediocre

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Kind a crazy, Indiana jones, Star Wars, and James Bond are getting games.

Outside of spider-man they’ve still yet to make a good marvel game though. Hmmm

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'm gonna disagree with you but no bad blood. :ld:

Playing through the game straight up without trying to get every collectible I feel is a good balance of combat and exploration. If you want to get all the collectibles then yeah you may find yourself platforming, but that's not how I played the game.

Kind of like Doom

Fair enough:hubie:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Kind a crazy, Indiana jones, Star Wars, and James Bond are getting games.

Outside of spider-man they’ve still yet to make a good marvel game though. Hmmm

Unless you mean in the last 5 years I disagree. Marvel has tons of good games especially in the PS3/360 era

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Unless you mean in the last 5 years I disagree. Marvel has tons of good games especially in the PS3/360 era

I couldn’t really get into the x-men and ultimate alliance stuff if that’s what you mean. I guess they were serviceable, especially at the time with it being multiplayer but they are pretty much glorified lego’s games

I’m talking about games on the level of Arkham and spider-man. For a long time growing up the only marvel game i loved was the arcade game and then marvel vs Capcom which also got wack after 2.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I couldn’t really get into the x-men and ultimate alliance stuff if that’s what you mean. I guess they were serviceable, especially at the time with it being multiplayer but they are pretty much glorified lego’s games

Outside of the MUA series, which was mostly good:

Marvel Vs Capcom 3
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Deadpool
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time
Iron Man (I believe it was the 1st Iron Man game that was good but not the others, I only played the 1st one)
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (this is the only one I didn't play out of the games im mentioning)
GotG

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Outside of the MUA series, which was mostly good:

Marvel Vs Capcom 3
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Deadpool
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions/Edge of Time
Iron Man (I believe it was the 1st Iron Man game that was good but not the others, I only played the 1st one)
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (this is the only one I didn't play out of the games im mentioning)
GotG

All kind of mid to me (never played GoTG i think thats the tell-tale game? And the web of shadows game) The wolverine game was ok. People through it a lot of bail just for not being a shytty movie-tie in game. I remember it being a fun-ish arcadey type game, something on the level of a kain game.

I will say I had a lot of fun with the ultimate spider-man game where you got to play as venom though. I realized i probably enjoyed it even more because it was based on the comics and not a movie tie-in

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
All kind of mid to me (never played GoTG i think thats the tell-tale game? And the web of shadows game)

I will say I had a lot of fun with the ultimate spider-man game where you got to play as venom though

It's okay to have that opinion except for these 3

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is a universal classic was played years after release.

X-Men Origins Wolverine was underrated, people who actually played it loved it.

Shattered Dimensions is loved by so many people that it brought alternate timeline Spider-Man into the mainstream. Spider-Man Noir is put into everything because of this game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's okay to have that opinion except for these 3

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 is a universal classic was played years after release.

X-Men Origins Wolverine was underrated, people who actually played it loved it.

Shattered Dimensions is loved by so many people that it brought alternate timeline Spider-Man into the mainstream. Spider-Man Noir is put into everything because of this game.

I actaully went and looked at the MC for origins because i do remember the game being decent for it’s time. It’s a 75 on 360 which is probably what I would give it same for spider-man. I remember being pretty fed up with spider-man games until the ps4 version was announced.

I think Arkham series raised the bar considerably for super hero games and before that they were all kind of in the “serviceable” realm and as long as it wasn’t complete trash people were happy with that