Tyla pleads the 5th about coloured Vs Black on the breakfast club. Her PR person jumps in.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
And like I said, maybe shes not good at speaking about these shyts so she didnt want to. She would not be the first inarticulate celebrity

I said before when she addressed this it was via text, and she addressed this situation once again through text. She obviously does not have the confidence or capability to speak on it at the drop of a hat.

So what? Why does that make her a villain now?
why is Charlamagne the villian for asking a question during an interview? And maybe it's not you specifically, but people kept telling us Americans we were too stupid to understand what mixed means. It's arrogant and insulting to suggest we can't understand it. I'm responding to things stated in here.

Also, like i keep saying, her not answering made it worse. She needs better media training if that threw* her for a loop.

But I'll just say this thread showed certain things about certain issues, that are clearly deeper. :mjlol:

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
why is Charlamagne the villian for asking a question during an interview? And maybe it's not you specifically, but people kept telling us Americans we were too stupid to understand what mixed means. It's arrogant and insulting to suggest we can't understand it. I'm responding to things stated in here.

Also, like i keep saying, her not answering made it worse. She needs better media training if that through her for a loop.

But I'll just say this thread showed certain things about certain issues, that are clearly deeper. :mjlol:

IDK about the too stupid stuff, this is just culture clashing. But I also keep emphasizing that Charlamagne wasn't asking in good faith to begin with. You said he might have been trying to help her out by letting her clarify, but the way he reacted when she didnt respond shows that he really wasnt

I can agree she needs better media training if this isnt going to leave her

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
:russ: This young chick is just an Indian
Tyla-Seethals-parents-Sharleen-and-Sherwin-Seethal-at-the-SA-Style-Awards-050724-13d4349e219f4fb6b7773437a334c2f5.jpg

You man having debate over an Indian who married a mixed race woman

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
It’s not Black Americans trying to claim her, it’s Pan Africanists that try to claim everyone.

Unless y’all saying that Pan Africanist’s are mostly BA’s :mjgrin:

That’s funny how when this shyt happens people think it’s just BA’s when ever pan African claiming comes up

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean you dudes are literally acting ridiculous. Does this chick have some pro-black lyrics? Does she shout out civil rights activists? She is coming from a completely different culture and happens to be popular in the United States so she does shows and interviews here... why are we expecting her to understand the cultural context of America?

It would be nice but you dudes saying it SHOULD be the situation are bugging. And yall also acting like Charlemagne and Black Twitter are approaching this conversation in good faith when we ALL know that they are NOT

I'm pretty surprised yall are literally not willing or able to take a step back and view the situation from a distance

She is making money off doing black music and has been heavily pushed and promoted to black american audiences and working all the the black producers. If she doesnt understand black america while making money off it then she would be considered a culture vulture.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
She is making money off doing black music and has been heavily pushed and promoted to black american audiences and working all the the black producers. If she doesnt understand black america while making money off it then she would be considered a culture vulture.

How is what she's making black music?

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Does it sound like Indian music to you?

Oh we getting into that sort of territory where if you make music that sounds like what you grow up with you gotta do Black history research? :patrice: Black people own all R & B type shyt?

you dudes are not living in reality with your expectations

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
if she did it once, just repeat the answer. Not that hard. But like myself and others have stated, ducking the question makes it look worse and it just appears like somebody on her team wants to appear to be something she might not be.

but yeah, i can see some of yall coming up in here with a whole different energy than yall normally have in "Blackness" threads. :russ: all this "just leave that little girl alone" energy. :dead: People telling Americans we too stupid to understand what the fukk basic ass "mixed" means.
Man somebody need to get a mixed race thread cracking, someone should start an Obama thread

I want to see what the energy will be like