Tyla pleads the 5th about coloured Vs Black on the breakfast club. Her PR person jumps in.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
Because people have been coming at her about this for months and she’s addressed it more than once. This wasn’t an attempt at a real conversation, just trying to get clicks as this has LSA types feeling a way about her. her ”race” and features is literally 2/3 of the discourse around her, it’s tired and she has a right to be tired of it herself

Damn how her clit taste?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
She did it in a format where it might have been written/typed so she probably had help

how many times does she have to answer it? she really just might not be that articulate, and trying to struggle through it on air will just get her attacked.
if she did it once, just repeat the answer. Not that hard. But like myself and others have stated, ducking the question makes it look worse and it just appears like somebody on her team wants to appear to be something she might not be.

but yeah, i can see some of yall coming up in here with a whole different energy than yall normally have in "Blackness" threads. :russ: all this "just leave that little girl alone" energy. :dead: People telling Americans we too stupid to understand what the fukk basic ass "mixed" means.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
so she one of those, i'm not black i'm something else type people?

you know brazil, south africa and no doubt other non-anglo spheres (e.g. north sentinel island) have their own definitions.

like eskimos have more words for snow than us.

or the german words ordnung, leistung, schadenfreude don't have exact english equivalents.

languages and cultures don't map 1-2-1.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
1. Seems a little arrogant to say. As an outsider to either Canada or America. I doubt you can truly say you know all the intracacys and nuances of race relations in another country. Not saying Im right,im saying most Americans wouldnt know enough about Canada to make assumptions about Drake.

2.maybe his pawging father didnt teach him what he needed to know about white supremacy,in the short time they were together:comeon:

Tylas from South Africa,if she has no thoughts,and cant hold a base level conversation on white supremacy shes been failed by her school system and needs to be taught by the foremost experts,African Americans:respect:

To say Drake shouldve been more informed than her? No,just no.

1. You’re wrong. As someone who grew up in Michigan, we used to cross the border for fun. The border city Windsor probably has more in common with Detroit than it does with other parts of Ontario and Canada as a whole.

2. Drake is a 37 year old from Toronto with a father whom he spent summers with in Tennessee. Not only that he’s friends with some of the most prominent black people in the country. Without a doubt he should be more informed than a 22 year old from South Africa. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous

3. Canada has an extensive history of black people escaping slavery. From southern Ontario all the way up to the Maritime provinces. Toronto itself has black churches dating back to 1826. This is well known information…They even have tv shows about this shyt.

I don’t know where you’re from, but it’s clear that your argument lacks nuance because of inexperience.

Drake understands American culture in a way Tyla never could.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It's been a year now and she and her team still can't get past this shyt :mjlol:

How hard is it to just say "I identify as colored. Next question"? :why:

Maybe they should stick to promoting in the UK and Europe if this such a problem for them

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Odd.

Just answer what your definition of coloured is.

To back away from it like it’s a subject that’s too sensitive is very weird and telling.

This.

And threads like this also show who is actually behind the usernames on this board,this is not a brain busting question for black folk.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I actually think Charlamagne was asking about it in South African terms. People on here think he was being ignorant but i think he was actually trying to have a legit dialogue with her.

No, he was not. He did what he always does, try to ask gotcha-style questions to trip people start controversy. Worse, he loves throwing women under the bus to further his own career as though he's some gatekeeper of anything. Nobody's forgotten how he got started.

Tyla's only mistake in all this was going on that goofy Breakfast Club show in the first place.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
No, he was not. He did what he always does, try to ask gotcha-style questions to trip people start controversy. Worse, he loves throwing women under the bus to further his own career as though he's some gatekeeper of anything. Nobody's forgotten how he got started.

Tyla's only mistake in all this was going on that goofy Breakfast Club show in the first place.
He asked her about being "coloured" which is a South African term, and he had Trevor Noah sit in that same spot and explain it to him. Charlamagne wanted her to clarify. And just because she answered it on some other random interview don't mean the Breakfast Club's audience heard the response. People answer repeat questions all the time in interviews. And all she has to do is explain to us "low IQ Americans" that it just means mixed. It's not that hard. All that extra shyt made it worse.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
He asked her about being "coloured" which is a South African term, and he had Trevor Noah sit in that same spot and explain it to him. And all she has to do is explain to us "low IQ Americans" that it just means mixed. It's not that hard. All that extra shyt made it worse.

She's 20 years old. Going there and explaining the intricacies of her native social politics isn't what she's there for, and he knows that full well. Just because Noah did it doesn't make it her responsibility.