Twitter roasting WWE before fans jumped back on board

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
All I remember is it was so bad that the whole McMahon family had to come out and say they will be better, just for it to continue to be shyt lol. Around that time I stopped recording the shows and would just catch up on twitter/Youtube with whatever looked interesting and only watch ppvs. Roman turning heel really turned it around me, was a breath of fresh air. First good character since the DB face run.

Redwood

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
And then the instant it was reported that Vince was gonna take a more hands-on approach to creative, SmackDown's quality nosedove in the fall of '09

Isn't that for just almost for about just any McMahon in general? Even back in 2001 when Chris Kreski was removed from being head writer and Steph took over, IIRC.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Isn't that for just almost for about just any McMahon in general? Even back in 2001 when Chris Kreski was removed from being head writer and Steph took over, IIRC.
Every time SD would start smoking Raw’s cheeks, Vince would step in and basically tank it. It made no sense since they’re under the WWE banner. Sabotaging your own show was so damn stupid. They should’ve had Vince removed loooong ago.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The Nexus storyline pissed me off so bad, should’ve been WWE’s organic version of the nWo only for them end up as just another Super Cena/Orton casualty. Cena was gonna win in the end but a short Wade Barrett WWE Title run with Cena winning the title at WM 27 wouldn’t have hurt.

Agree with that completely, and if I recall correctly it was like you said Cena in his most "Super Cena" phase didn't want to put them over at Summerslam that year.:francis:

Made them lose all credibility instantly, they could've at least made them look like a threat on a big stage once.

I actually never had a problem with Nexus losing at SummerSlam. I feel like everything was set up for them to lose because ever since they debuted, they had gotten the upper end on Cena and screwed him over multiple times. At some point, he had to get them back. I remember Kevin Eck used to run a wrestling blog on The Baltimore Sun's website (probably still does) and he said practically the same thing after the PPV.

The problem was the way it was done, and I'm assuming this was what pissed people off the most. Cena gets hit with a DDT on exposed concrete, then beats Barrett and Gabriel in less than two minutes? That makes Nexus look terrible, even if you want them to lose. The fact that Cena pitched that idea and it went through is insane to me. Even if Nexus lost, you make them look like stars. It was a horrible way to end the match.

I thought there was potential in having Cena join Nexus and Barrett using him to win the WWE Championship, but that only lasted a month. That storyline could have carried them right into WrestleMania, but I guess they had other storylines they cared more about (Rock coming back, Miz cashing in MITB) and they completely gave up on Nexus after Survivor Series, so they killed off the group before the year was over.

Apparently, Barrett was going to face Undertaker at WrestleMania, but Vince changed his mind, so he went out of his way to destroy Nexus for good.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
2016-2022(2019 is up there with 95) is one of the worst periods in the companies history (creatively).
While they still rely on old stars, they at least made an effort to push other guys and the old stars aren't completely mogging talent like it was during that time.

There's a reason that era was seen as big for Indies and NJPW, they certainly had the better product at the time. For every bright spot, there were certainly far more low points to make up for it.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Think I stopped watching after The Fiend/Rollins at HIAC. :laff:
That was the breaking point for some fans. That was in Sacramento too :russ:

Them fans literally chanted for AEW and booed the shyt out that ending. I remember reports said that Vince was in gorilla laughing his ass off when he heard how much the fans booed it :wtf:

I remember Rollins talked about it on Austin’s podcast and said how he was so close to running the fade with Vince at gorilla after the match. He said him, Bray, and everybody TOLD Vince that booking of the match was a bad idea and the fans would shyt on it.

And when it happened Rollins was so pissed as soon as he went to Gorilla he gave Vince the :demonic: Kobe death stare and Tyson Kidd had to get inbetween them.

IMO that was one of the key moments where fans jumped ship to AEW.

That was also the moment i knew that Vince REALLY had to go.