Twitter roasting WWE before fans jumped back on board

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
WWE from like 2007 to 2021 is basically hit or miss depending on Vince's mood that night. Sometimes Smackdown was excellent and some weeks Raw kinda restored the feeling. But the out right garbage in that time is just as bad as the mid 90s.

The fact that alot of us watched through it to get to here is crazy. Especially if you were around for the Attitude Era which culturally still probably won't be topped.
This was the period where I came in and out at times because I was in college or trying to be an adult. There were many points during this period where I outright refused to watch

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This was the period where I came in and out at times because I was in college or trying to be an adult. There were many points during this period where I outright refused to watch
I was in and out of these era as well, and I think out of that entire period, the best overall year was 2008 for Smackdown, 2012 for Superstars (:lolbron:), and….i really can’t even tell you for Raw, I just remember enjoying anything Hurt Business/Lashley was involved in (not the Lana garbage though), Shield vs Wyatt’s, Bryan’s rise, Kofi’s run up until Brock destroyed it, Naomi’s title wins, and various CM Punk related stuff. Those were the biggest standouts for me, and of course 2007 was an awful year all around, and 2008-2014 (especially on Raw) had some flat out stupid and boring stretches.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
AEW’s advantage was that people were tired of Vince and wanted something new

Once Triple H got control and creative started to improve and have actual logic, people came running back
And my interest in AEW has gone down significantly since they got Vince out for good. Everything that was holding WWE back from 2008 after “the white man” killed his family until the bloodline started has been fixed. Aside from Bryan’s run

Looking back at some of this and I’m ashamed at myself for sticking with it all those years of awful television. And you know who was the face throughout all that time the “goat” John Cena.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Remember them dirtsheet reports the morning after every NXT Takeover saying how the main roster took note of the show and how they were planning to outdo the Takeovers only for them to put on the worst PPVs you’ve ever seen :mjlol:
But now people are saying NXT black & gold era was trash & it was never any good when dudes are lying their ass after every damm Summerslam or Survivor Series even Mania you would hear these reports

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I was in and out of these era as well, and I think out of that entire period, the best overall year was 2008 for Smackdown, 2012 for Superstars (:lolbron:), and….i really can’t even tell you for Raw, I just remember enjoying anything Hurt Business/Lashley was involved in (not the Lana garbage though), Shield vs Wyatt’s, Bryan’s rise, Kofi’s run up until Brock destroyed it, Naomi’s title wins, and various CM Punk related stuff. Those were the biggest standouts for me, and of course 2007 was an awful year all around, and 2008-2014 (especially on Raw) had some fat out stupid and boring stretches.
I did a wrestling podcast between 2014 and 2016 and it was a fukking chore to get through WWE shyt.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
Smackdown 2016 was fire until Vince McMahon got ahold of the ratings and found it was doing better compare to Raw. And did another draft/shake up. :mjlol:

Keep in mind that there was a draft prior to this where he loaded all the talent to Raw.