Twitter roasting WWE before fans jumped back on board

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
There’s a valid argument to be made that Goldust’s debut was the true start of the Attitude Era, albeit a year or two ahead of its time until everything else caught up with it

I’ll die on the hill that the OG Goldust was one of the greatest gimmicks in wrestling history, especially given the climate at the time and how many boundaries it really pushed
Dude, the early version of Goldust was so of it's time & could never be done today in a world where marks are crying about Roman calling Seth a "crossdresser".

His feud with Roddy Piper alone would have everybody up out the paint. :heh:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Where's all the WWE marks/contrarians at who spent that entire time telling us who were shytting on the product that we were just "neckbeards" who are "never happy with anything".

Now, the fact that it was terrible is just common sense :heh:

WWE was terrible from at least 2013-2020 with with some bright spots like The Shield, The Wyatts, Daniel Bryan, Rusev & Lana, etc . . .

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The McMahon son angle and the Anonymous GM angle going on for fukking months to have the exact same payoff :dead:

Michael Cole heel turn along with his feud with Lawler leading to a 30 minute WM match.
30 fukking minutes :russ:

Zach Ryder being far ahead of his time and getting over on his own through social media leading to a humiliating burial :mjlol:

Vince was a fukking dunce a lot of the time and yes I took very long breaks from watching

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjtf: nah this thread gotta put some respect on Kofi mania, the planet's champion, and Brock trolling Kofi/Seth with his weekly "Brock parties" :mjlol:

5d20d552dbf1137f-600x338.gif

But yeah raw that year was :trash: and that first episode of smackdown on fox when Brock squashed Kofi still don't sit right with me 5 years later :mjpls:, Kofi got done dirty and didn't deserve that.. Also, I get why Kofi/Bryan didn't main event that mania, but in hindsight they should have, becky had already been the women's champion at that point, but that was Kofi's first main title win, and to me, was the first time a breh won the big belt :yeshrug:..

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
WWE from like 2007 to 2021 is basically hit or miss depending on Vince's mood that night. Sometimes Smackdown was excellent and some weeks Raw kinda restored the feeling. But the out right garbage in that time is just as bad as the mid 90s.

The fact that alot of us watched through it to get to here is crazy. Especially if you were around for the Attitude Era which culturally still probably won't be topped.
We have endured so much :wow:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
2018/19 was probably the closest I came to throwing my fandom in the bushes. Rough time. I went almost an entire year without watching, only coming back when Paul Heyman got the book...and of course Vince snatched that away a couple months later :mjlol:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
What’s even wilder during that time period is that the Black and Gold NXT which was ran by Triple H was by far the best wrestling show in America. It was just a small dose of what a WWE run by Triple H would be look like.

On Saturday would be a Takeover and it would be filled with a shyt load of Match Of The Year contenders. Then the next night would be the main roster show ran by Vince McMahon and it would be TRASH.

It was literally night and day and it was THE SAME COMPANY :mindblown:
Black and gold NXT was the best wrestling show easily. EASILY!

It was shocking how the same wrestlers would transition from NXT to WWE and it would go from gold to complete dog shyt.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I was in and out of these era as well, and I think out of that entire period, the best overall year was 2008 for Smackdown, 2012 for Superstars (:lolbron:), and….i really can’t even tell you for Raw, I just remember enjoying anything Hurt Business/Lashley was involved in (not the Lana garbage though), Shield vs Wyatt’s, Bryan’s rise, Kofi’s run up until Brock destroyed it, Naomi’s title wins, and various CM Punk related stuff. Those were the biggest standouts for me, and of course 2007 was an awful year all around, and 2008-2014 (especially on Raw) had some flat out stupid and boring stretches.
08 WWE was a damn good year all around up until I want to say the fall, when everything got stupid again

2016 things felt reinvigorated after the brand split, Kevin Dunn was even trying new production stuff but by 2017 they slipped back to their old bullshyt