Twitter roasting WWE before fans jumped back on board

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
There’s a valid argument to be made that Goldust’s debut was the true start of the Attitude Era, albeit a year or two ahead of its time until everything else caught up with it

I’ll die on the hill that the OG Goldust was one of the greatest gimmicks in wrestling history, especially given the climate at the time and how many boundaries it really pushed
Mick Foley said in his first book that Vince told im during his first meeting with the company that he'd actually wanted to take WWF in a more adult direction in 1991 (and you saw that with some of the Undertaker stuff, Jake/Savage, the Flair/Savage angle etc). But once the steroid trial commenced he went all the way in the other direction because he felt it was important to maintain the family friendly image amidst all the controversy. But late '95 was when he started making that push again, and Goldust, Mankind, Tweener Diesel, etc were the results. He specifically told Nash to say "Motherfukker!" on camera after he lost to Bret at SS95, for example. They started having Sunny show more skin too.

Honestly, tone-wise 1996 and 1997 are pretty similar, the creative just sucked in 96. But '96 was a lot edgier than 93-95 save a few cartoony artifacts like The Godwinns, and then '97 they revamped the presentation and format; it wasn't until late 97 when DX started that they went full sleazy Attitude.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
This was the period where I came in and out at times because I was in college or trying to be an adult. There were many points during this period where I outright refused to watch
I refused to watch from 2016 to like 2023. I missed the majority of Tribal Chief Roman because of my WWE boycott. I was a diehard black and gold NXT watcher and hated going from watching that pristine product and switching back to WWE. I started watching AEW and it was full of flaws too. For a while my main fed was NJPW.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
People on Twitter were really trying to gatekeep this era :laugh:

“Y'all weren’t in the trenches with us” 🤡

Why would I willingly wanna watch garbage like that? :mjtf: so glad Vince is finally outta here
This mentality is the worst
Why would I dedicate my free time to something that makes me miserable?
Why would anyone think that doing so is something to brag about?
:snoop: