Trump's tariff on Steel and Aluminum imports got my company in a code red panic

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are a US supplier/distributor. We have company wide emergency meeting in a couple of hours. I heard some guy yelling on the phone a minute ago. These cacs are livid. China only exports about 2% of the metal into the US so the tariffs have nothing to do with the industry as Trump claims, but the US based steel mills are milking the oportunity and raising the prices. Steel price in the US is more volatile than bitcoin right now. Our price guarantee is only good for 24 hours.

Ultimately what this is- big money grip steel producers-ArcelorMittal $75 billion in revenue(AKA Trumps buddies)- raise the prices on metal. Suppliers in turn raise prices for manufactures, manufactures raise prices for consumers like you and I. The prices for everything, from cars to appliances will rise disproportionately hurting the common folk. This tariff won't produce a single job.

And that my friends is how the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. These poor white trash cacs are fukking idiots man:snoop:

As a consumer you've had low gas prices and artificially low interest rates for years but now it's the end of the world because steel is making a move ?

It's not like you are a solar company get funding gutted, this thread is a low-key brag thread and you know it :mjlol:

Daps
Black people do not have a self sustaining and independent economy separate from white people.

What are you talking about?

Well, maybe this will be the impetus to start one. Ya'll so-called black people want it both ways. You want to enjoy the fruit of white supremacy, but you also want to overturn the system. That's not how it works. You sound like a house negro fretting over the rebellion and what it'll do to the plate of biscuits master gave you every Sunday. :francis:

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
In the end

The richest will not be effected negatively

But, the rich will become "middle class"

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Well, maybe this will be the impetus to start one. Ya'll so-called black people want it both ways. You want to enjoy the fruit of white supremacy, but you also want to overturn the system. That's not how it works. You sound like a house negro fretting over the rebellion and what it'll do to the plate of biscuits master gave you every Sunday. :francis:

Breh chill out on that house negro talk. check this out

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/540522/

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
So whatever the tarriff is allegedly gonna be, it won't apply to Canada (#1 exporter of steel) or Mexico (#3)
:mjlol:

Meanwhile Brazil and SK get fukked. Brilliant idea dumbass. We'll see what happens. The markets didn't go apeshyt today, likely because of the Canada/Mexico exclusions. But apparently Trump was saying today he'll use this as leverage in NAFTA negotiations...which definitely will tank the markets if he follows through with that.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Computers, cars, tech, beercans, airplanes, that's just off the top of my head... :francis: and that's not the half of it... it puts a heavy financial strain on all these metal working and sheetmetal companies that employ people... :francis: Like I said he's screwing up the ecosystem.
I agree he is messing up but I buy those items you mentioned so he won’t mess me up directly.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
We are a US supplier/distributor. We have company wide emergency meeting in a couple of hours. I heard some guy yelling on the phone a minute ago. These cacs are livid. China only exports about 2% of the metal into the US so the tariffs have nothing to do with the industry as Trump claims, but the US based steel mills are milking the oportunity and raising the prices. Steel price in the US is more volatile than bitcoin right now. Our price guarantee is only good for 24 hours.

Ultimately what this is- big money grip steel producers-ArcelorMittal $75 billion in revenue(AKA Trumps buddies)- raise the prices on metal. Suppliers in turn raise prices for manufactures, manufactures raise prices for consumers like you and I. The prices for everything, from cars to appliances will rise disproportionately hurting the common folk. This tariff won't produce a single job.

And that my friends is how the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. These poor white trash cacs are fukking idiots man:snoop:

Had to read this three times so my ass could get it lol, I got it.

Good shyt, eventually these poor cacs are gonna feel it's the "blacks and hispanics" and these rich white dudes like Trump will milk them again.

Next president would do the same thing Trump is gonna do.

I'm guessing when Democrats are in power they couldn't do a move like this since the "Make America Great Again" angle wouldn't work so they'd have to go another route.

I'm guessing the bucks come in from pushing Diversity and creating Social Drama (men vs women) to entice people to spend more money.

While The Conservatives make their money off the base of racist cacs who will always blame minorities for everything.

:ohhh: