Trump's tariff on Steel and Aluminum imports got my company in a code red panic

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
These tariffs apply to raw steel and aluminum only, but products that are fabricated from steel and then shipped here are do not fall under the tariff.

There is no tariff on metal cabinets, only raw metal. Steel costs doubled and even tripled on a few things, I've been explaining all day that our business will take a huge hit. the Chinese and the steel companies are the ones who will win. half the stuff we build now will be built in China just because our upfront costs are too damn high.

literal quotes I heard

"Donald Trump bringing jobs back" :mjpls:

"but the tariffs protect us" :dwillhuh:

these people have no idea whatsoever is going on.. :snoop:

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Trump’s tariffs will hurt the 6.5 million U.S. workers at steel-consuming manufacture

The industries most at risk are equipment makers and component suppliers in the aerospace and transportation and automotive sectors. These include aluminum parts makers that are suppliers to the aerospace and car sectors, as well as steel parts makers selling to sectors such as railroads, trucking, energy and construction.

Companies will have to raise prices, making it harder to compete in export markets, and possibly encouraging some companies to move part of their business overseas — at the cost of American jobs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/FF4D91A6-1E40-11E8-AFF8-7834937E5386

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And muhfukkas were cheer leading 500 jobs coming back and MAYBE a plant being opened back up in 4 months...

I dont think most people realize that we don't even have the ability to just turn steel plants back on like a light switch.
this shyt threw a huge wrench in my whole business. projects we were working on became almost unprofitable overnight. meanwhile steel producers doing the Birdman hand rub gif.

my whole industry just got thrown under the bus by cheeto

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
this shyt threw a huge wrench in my whole business. projects we were working on became almost unprofitable overnight. meanwhile steel producers doing the Birdman hand rub gif.

my whole industry just got thrown under the bus by cheeto

Its weird, Ive seen a lot of people in these industries say its terrible. I see business people say its terible....

Yet the people who don't know jack shyt seem to think its the greatest move of all time.

It's been 15 years since we tried this last time and it failed terribly last time. What's different?