Trump's tariff on Steel and Aluminum imports got my company in a code red panic

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
So you're elling me that the tariffs will lower steel or keep steel prices low . How will the products from mexico / usa / canada / the world get differentiated , will they get stamped . As i say china will find a to ship it to mexico & canada all the while working with a rich conservative to circumvent the tariffs. It ibeen done this way forever . money talks , while the consumer pays more .
no complete opposite, prices went up on steel and aluminum 200-300% overnight. completely ruins the profit margins of every contract I have. we have to raise our prices, which will lead to more of our work getting shipped to china, which was already our biggest competition.

also tariffs apply only to raw steel and aluminum, products that are made from metal are NOT included. my end product has to compete on a global market, but the people selling me the materials I need dont. resulting in me jacking prices up on everything across the board.

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Unfortunately CACs ain't finna stop riding for Trump. If prices go up they'll just continue to blame China.

Also this shyt is toothless and his just red meat for his base. Exempting Canada and Mexico means he ain't really serious about this shyt.
idk, the white guy who owns the company I work for is livid. all the peons havnt caught on yet, but i think it will sink in soon enough.

its not toothless for me personally, as my livelihood depends on availability of cheap steel and aluminum. he shytted all over me with this

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
The ONLY positive I can see is that there would be more production in house in America of steel. Instead of closing down factories/industries in America for cheaper made products overseas, America can produce their steel on their own home soil, and in turn create more jobs

Seems kinda odd alot of people on here are caping for foreign born made products, that eliminates American made jobs

You need a shovel.

You want the $9.99 shovel or the $14.99 shovel?

Same shovel. Trump just added $5 to it.

That's the beef. If everything else were equal of course we'd like to employ Americans. But not 'just because' at any cost.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You need a shovel.

You want the $9.99 shovel or the $14.99 shovel?

Same shovel. Trump just added $5 to it.

That's the beef. If everything else were equal of course we'd like to employ Americans. But not 'just because' at any cost.

I think you're thinking of the short term initial effects, which is justified

But forgive me if I'm wrong, doesn't having more emphasis on creating American made products made by American made factories make the American economy better? Just like in the 40s and 50s in the post WW2 era. American made products were still priced higher than foreign made products. But the economy was booming at that time because everything was in house with Manufacturing, and less reliance on foreign products

Imports aren't a bad thing, but I rather not see America depend so heavily on foreign made products. Unless you're ok with the further de-industrialization of America, personified in Detriot, St Louis, Gary Indiana, Erie PA and all the other decaying cities

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Blacks collectively are already doing bad, the rest of the US may as well join us :manny:

It will just lower the bar but not change the gap. The white standard of living will drop, and the black standard of living will drop as well.

Not gonna speak on wealth because the sentiment on here is blacks have no wealth to begin with. But we do have a standard of living.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, maybe this will be the impetus to start one. Ya'll so-called black people want it both ways. You want to enjoy the fruit of white supremacy, but you also want to overturn the system. That's not how it works. You sound like a house negro fretting over the rebellion and what it'll do to the plate of biscuits master gave you every Sunday. :francis:

200w.gif

CouldntBeMeTho

Gul DuCat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think you're thinking of the short term initial effects, which is justified

But forgive me if I'm wrong, doesn't having more emphasis on creating American made products made by American made factories make the American economy better? Just like in the 40s and 50s in the post WW2 era. American made products were still priced higher than foreign made products. But the economy was booming at that time because everything was in house with Manufacturing, and less reliance on foreign products

Imports aren't a bad thing, but I rather not see America depend so heavily on foreign made products. Unless you're ok with the further de-industrialization of America, personified in Detriot, St Louis, Gary Indiana, Erie PA and all the other decaying cities
American factories need affordable metal to build anything competitive, my upfront costs are so high now we can't compete. the American steel industry is actually way smaller than the metal fabrication industry. all we're gonna do is add jobs in the steel mills, while taking jobs from fabricators. overall we will probably lose more jobs than are created. its a give and take.