Trump's tariff on Steel and Aluminum imports got my company in a code red panic

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
829.jpg
do you live with your moms or something?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Depending on how Europe and China respond, this could spark a recession. It's pure madness, and in truth it only "helps" a small handful of steel workers. All Europe and China have to do is respond with tariffs on US imports and we're fukked.

W tried a smaller version of this, as did Obama. Both failed miserably. It's NOT good policy. But W and Obama were at least rational actors who responded by removing the tariffs and re-negotiating. Trump will not back down, he will drown and declare victory.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I’ve listened to a lot of the arguments the other day on NPR. It’s just bad business. He’s just bad for business. Bush did a similar hike under his administration and the results were poor. And they weren’t at the same level trump is proposing.

The most reasonable point I’ve heard is how the restriction of trade may lead to intellectual property disputes because restriction in trade in raw materials also limits companies interacts with other markets, development of tools and technology and trading of information.

That’s all I see playing out, a bunch of people in fear...

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
We are a US supplier/distributor. We have company wide emergency meeting in a couple of hours. I heard some guy yelling on the phone a minute ago. These cacs are livid. China only exports about 2% of the metal into the US so the tariffs have nothing to do with the industry as Trump claims, but the US based steel mills are milking the oportunity and raising the prices. Steel price in the US is more volatile than bitcoin right now. Our price guarantee is only good for 24 hours.

Ultimately what this is- big money grip steel producers-ArcelorMittal $75 billion in revenue(AKA Trumps buddies)- raise the prices on metal. Suppliers in turn raise prices for manufactures, manufactures raise prices for consumers like you and I. The prices for everything, from cars to appliances will rise disproportionately hurting the common folk. This tariff won't produce a single job.

And that my friends is how the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. These poor white trash cacs are fukking idiots man:snoop:

Numbskulls with no sense

In the real scheme of things if you were in his shoes could you resist exploiting fools who worshipped you ...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Breh I barely buy anything on some real shyt. I’m not a typical consumer.
Computers, cars, tech, beercans, airplanes, that's just off the top of my head... :francis: and that's not the half of it... it puts a heavy financial strain on all these metal working and sheetmetal companies that employ people... :francis: Like I said he's screwing up the ecosystem.