Traveling is SO OVERRATED: Most people wouldn't travel if they couldn't post it on Social Media

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Lol @ this low key turning into a travel appreciation thread.

Man I was rewatching wolf of Wall Street and that boat scene came on:

maxresdefault.jpg

Portofino-Italy.jpg

Portofino, Italy. See a new place you interested in and go there.

love-i-love-it.gif

Fym overrated, time to reassess your life

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
There’s not that much to do but that don’t it’s not fun, just a little overrated. The things that people mentioned, I’ve done just like they have
Thing is theres a ton of shyt to do but it's not of interest to you. That's why it's overrated in your eyes.

Take all the different experiences one could have around food for example. If you're the basic chicken tender & fries type then a show like Anthony Bourdains would seem pointless and boring even though it was clocking a million viewers an episode on its 11th season.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve traveled to over ten countries and almost every major city in the USA. Traveling is extremely overrated and just a flex now. People will travel to another state and do the exact same things they do in their own city. People so desperate to flex they will have 5-6 to a hotel room. That’s not a vacation lol.
You talking about people you know or what random strangers be doing?

I’m 37 years old I been enjoying travel before “flexing” and I enjoy it now. My peers are the same. Going to South Africa and doing safari for 3 days, checking out capetown and being amongst the people Out in the the townships is not “overrated”.

It’s shyt to do in the world outside of standing in front of buildings taking selfies

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
real shyt

in MY experience the more you travel the more you find shyt is more alike than it is different. unless you going to somewhere truly remote like the steppes of mongolia or some shyt. but after awhile it desensitized me to the “differences”. everybody got a history and im supposed to be impressed by every single one?? i mean i guess. these are just ppl living life and not animals in a zoo to me

it’s a novelty for sure but do it enough and novelties always wear off

& forreal some shyt is better off in your imagination. i had a very charmed romantic view of paris from literature and history. come to find out that city IRL is dirty as fukk and musty :to:

nikka that was your fault, expecting Paris to be some charmed city of love (google Paris Syndrome). That's like watching a Woody Allen film and expecting NYC to be like that :mjlol:

I've been to Paris expecting the grit and the dirt, wanting to be amongst the Black diaspora there. Didn't regret it one bit :banderas:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Traveling use to be for the rich and well off. Now you have check to check people going in debt to getaway.

Funny how traveling has become so popular amongst the working/broke class. Just as purchasing high-end designer clothing. I find a lot this has become popular at the same rate.

As a person that has been to Spain, France 2x, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Slovenia and the Caribbean, I'm not jealous or hating just making an observation. Usually when I travel it's go meet someone. I don't get a damn about culture or explore.

Seems most people just travel for to show others how successful they are and/or make other jealous.

If they wasn't able to post pics on IG and FB, they probably wouldn't be going.
I agree with most of this with the exception of the exploring comment. Looking at some of the ancient monuments would be cool. I would love to do that one day.

King Poetic

$$ Training Day $$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
*The New Big Ten*
I like traveling

But hate spending money

I think a lot especially the younger people regardless of generation do it to brag about it to others to say look where I’m at and u can’t go

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I swear these women pay all this money to travel all over to sit at the beach or bar and spend the entire time on ig

But it’s like you paying all this to do what you do everyday at home

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I agree with most of this with the exception of the exploring comment. Looking at some of the ancient monuments would be cool. I would love to do that one day.
Exactly shyt like that bro is worth doing I’m down wit ya

concise

Veteran
Daps
How_Airline_Ticket_Prices_Fell-baffb387fc7a8702a0fc0023bb5093e8

Sixty years ago, air travel was far too expensive for the masses. Book a flight between New York and London on Pan Am in 1960, and you'd be paying somewhere around $300, or about $2,600, adjusted for inflation.

Imagine paying $2600 on average for a basic seat to London now. :mjlol:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Y’all spend so much time worried about what people you don’t know do in the most unimportant areas

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I don't consider you well traveled if you haven't learned anything, didn't try learning the language, etc.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I agree with the social media part, and I blame celebrities. For example, Ibiza is the new hot spot. People going out there just to take photos on a yacht all day.

It's just black folk stunting with the travel pics. Yall gotta stop that.

Greece is the new hot spot, particularly islands like Mykonos & Santorini. Funny thing there is more lowkey & cheaper Greek Islands

Y'all wrong as hell though. These spots been popular for DECADES. Hell, Rick Ross made a song about Santorini in 2017.. Ibiza was on those E! Spring Break destinations back in the early 2000s

What I'm seeing from this thread is BLACK PEOPLE are now starting to travel and it's shocking to other black people. I been traveling the world and it was rare to see American Blacks. Now I show up and I see us everywhere. Also since when did people not take pics on vacation??? People used to come home and have fukking picture slides to show their friends. What's the difference?

Seems hating on travel is the new wave

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You can have that if you so chose my brotha

Which reminds me of another reason travel is amazing and needed…you have NO IDEA how vastly overrated American (Let’s be real, new age feminist blacks chicks) are until you experience women internationally.

Looks maybe, but def diet, and especially personality and expectations . Believe me, we are doin it all wrong over here you will come back and have a whole new level of ditty bop. Have you lookin at chicks you thought was dimes like :hhh:
My face leaving America and seeing the women at the airport :shaq:

My face the entire time overseas :krs:

My face landing in America and seeing the women at the airport :hhh: