Traveling is SO OVERRATED: Most people wouldn't travel if they couldn't post it on Social Media

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Im not putting it down you fukking retard. I just said it’s overrated to me. Also I never said nothing about just staying in my own city just to eat. Even in your own explanation you didn’t say nothin that was super extravagant. I know how people are affected by politics, food, geography, economics, culture. Powerful rich people fukk over people with no money. That’s common sense
real shyt

in MY experience the more you travel the more you find shyt is more alike than it is different. unless you going to somewhere truly remote like the steppes of mongolia or some shyt. but after awhile it desensitized me to the “differences”. everybody got a history and im supposed to be impressed by every single one?? i mean i guess. these are just ppl living life and not animals in a zoo to me

it’s a novelty for sure but do it enough and novelties always wear off

& forreal some shyt is better off in your imagination. i had a very charmed romantic view of paris from literature and history. come to find out that city IRL is dirty as fukk and musty :to:

Last edited:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
When you vacation what all do you do? I’m sure everything you mention I’ve tried it
You said "there really ain't that much to do in life when you think about it". We'll just call it a buck and say that you not really the adventurous type and that's OK. Everybody got their own thing that brings them joy

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
real shyt

in MY experience the more you travel the more you find shyt is more alike than it is different. unless you going to somewhere truly remote like the steppes of mongolia or some shyt. but after awhile it desensitized me to the “differences”. everybody got a history and im supposed to be impressed by every single one?? i mean i guess. these are just ppl living life and not animals in a zoo to me

it’s a novelty for sure but do it enough and novelties always wear off

& forreal some shyt is better off in your imagination. i had a very charmed romantic view of paris from literature and history. come to find out that city IRL is dirty as fukk and musty :to:
Yeah Paris is definitely better off in your imagination, seeing all the trash and rats was an eye opener. But it was a pleasant surprise seeing black people everywhere. Didn’t expect that
You said "there really ain't that much to do in life when you think about it". We'll just call it a buck and say that you not really the adventurous type and that's OK. Everybody got their own thing that brings them joy
There’s not that much to do but that don’t it’s not fun, just a little overrated. The things that people mentioned, I’ve done just like they have

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Im really just challenging the people who travel just to floss. If you're really enjoying yourself, tricking off, eating good and jetskiing and actually fun stuff. I salute you.

:salute:

the-office.gif

Man said he challenging folk. No ngga, YOU the one need to learn something and be ‘challenged’

You paying too much attention to social media. Also you comin from a obvious place of defensiveness, you ain’t goin so you gon shyt on it. This ain’t our first rodeo bruh that’s ngga mentality 101. Mixed with a lil ‘I’m from the hood and scared to get outside my box’.

You actually posing more questions for yourself: what do YOU like to do. What hobbies do you have? Name 1 and there’s a place in the world that you would want to go to explore that. If you can’t name one it’s you bruh.

And I’d bet money your homies only go to miami, Vegas, Atlanta, DR at most. You should start traveling dolo to other places and see how your perspective changes.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
:what:

Have you watched Anthony Bourdain (RIP to the GAWD)? All that nikka did was eat on his travels, but you would have to be a simple minded nikka (nothing wrong with that) to watch the depth of what he experienced and showed to us, and say, "all he doing is eating, I can eat in my home city".

Part of travelling (not including the vapid social media stunting from a closed off resort) is witnessing first hand how people just like you are impacted by history, politics, food, geography, economics, culture... I'm am avid history buff so I visit museums, historical landmarks and (if possible) converse with everyday folk about the impact of historical events on their lives today.

It's ok not to appreciate that. What I don't get is the putting down of travelling as a hobby that has merit.

If I recall correctly someone told me all a city need is a few wing spots, burgers and Jamaican food and it’s all good on the coli

And someone on here jokingly called me Anthony Bordain.

Yea I’m that guy the city I live in has to have a wide variety of food stretches all continents

I’m trying to figure out if the poster was @CrownHeights or someone else

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The only thing that’s overrated to me is people who travel to do the exact same things in other locations.

What’s the difference between a brunch spot serving regular brunch food in Miami compared to another one in Houston?

When I go to Miami you’ll probably catch me a a cAribbean or Hispanic related brunch.

When I go to New Orleans you’ll see in a more creole related brunch spot.

This is how you have fun when you travel. So yes if you got lame friends doing the same things when traveling maybe you need to look at new people

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If you're traveling to see manmade attractions, you will likely grow disappointed as most things man makes is for his own profit.

If you travel to see God's creation, you will be pleased and in awe. Nature never fails.

The Grand Canyon > Some tired ass skyline
Skylines are constantly developing. Does the Grand Canyon develop at the same rate?

Now if you are someone who legit likes outdoor adventures then I see your point

But realistically speaking staring at mountains and staring at a skyline are the same thing.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
In a sense I agree, we went to Jamaica in 2020 right before Covid and sat on the beach all week. Which is cool but we live in San Diego and can go to the beach every single day. Next yr when we travel to Europe I'm doing all the planning. We gonna do something totally out of our wheel house
No you just failed at exploring Jamaica.

Went to go visit my uncle in Guadeloupe which is in the eastern side of the Caribbean. The beach was not the majority of my activities while there

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
As a New Yorker nothing is more annoying then people visiting Manhattan and thinking they traveled to the Real New York.

Dudes will go to Little Italy in Manhattan that is one block long but not go to the Little Italy in The Bronx that is way larger and much more official.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Hot take:

I love going to airports and people watching there. Consider myself kind of a connor sore in that regard.

Traveling is dope and have been going international since 91.

Today, i still travel any chance i get and have ZERO social media accounts. The photos I take are for my personal collage of life experience. Shiit i revert to and look back at like a visual novel.

Plus, i always sleep with new victims when i do go to different places. And getting their perspective on love, life and jet setting is always interesting.

To call it weak is the equivalent of saying going out to eat is bammer, when you can cook at home. It's for the experience.

Any way, I always tell myself i wish i met more brehs when I hit different parts of the world. This thread's callowness doesn't help encourage that idea. But i'm glad nobody here agrees with thread formulator. lol

This thread wild

:mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No actually going to where the culture is and not to where only drunken cacs go.

New Orleans probably has the most extensive black culture in America. You went burbon and felt you knew all there was to New Orleans. It’s cool bro
What’s the spots bro I wanna go back one day
Hot take:

I love going to airports and people watching there. Consider myself kind of a connor sore in that regard.

Traveling is dope and have been going international since 91.

Today, i still travel any chance i get and have ZERO social media accounts. The photos I take are for my personal collage of life experience. Shiit i revert to and look back at like a visual novel.

Plus, i always sleep with new victims when i do go to different places. And getting their perspective on love, life and jet setting is always interesting.

To call it weak is the equivalent of saying going out to eat is bammer, when you can cook at home. It's for the experience.

Any way, I always tell myself i wish i met more brehs when I hit different parts of the world. This thread's callowness doesn't help encourage that idea. But i'm glad nobody here agrees with thread formulator. lol

I’m an airport guy too

Enjoy checking out the architecture, the food spots and bars, the gift shops