Traveling is SO OVERRATED: Most people wouldn't travel if they couldn't post it on Social Media

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all wrong as hell though. These spots been popular for DECADES. Hell, Rick Ross made a song about Santorini in 2017.. Ibiza was on those E! Spring Break destinations back in the early 2000s

What I'm seeing from this thread is BLACK PEOPLE are now starting to travel and it's shocking to other black people. I been traveling the world and it was rare to see American Blacks. Now I show up and I see us everywhere. Also since when did people not take pics on vacation??? People used to come home and have fukking picture slides to show their friends. What's the difference?

Seems hating on travel is the new wave
Greece & Dubai always been hot, but they became more popular especially during COVID-19 pandemic because they were relaxed on COVID-19 restrictions.

Crypto & Forex millionaires were balling in Dubai & Greece

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Slightly off topic but I am currently on my first solo trip to Brussels since my friends weren't free and I needed a proper break from all the stress and it's been amazing brehs :wow: , highly recommend. Taking pics with your tripod is the cheat code to attract women ' do you want me take a pic for you?' :ohhh:.

Was going to do Paris later this year with friends but I'm switching to solo.

By the way, I never post travel pics online, but at the end of the day if people want to do it for social media what's wrong with that? We all have our reasons to travel and as long as it's not harming people I don't see the problem :yeshrug:

Hope Brussels (my "hometown") and Paris (wher I currently live) treated you well :salute:

Lol I was there like 15 years ago. It's always been a tourist spot in Poland but when I was there it wasn't many people (seems like locals go there more for skiing in the winter). Also it's in the middle of a natural reserve and you have to walk like an hour (no cars allowed) to get to the lake so obviously not everyone is doing that.

nikka that was your fault, expecting Paris to be some charmed city of love (google Paris Syndrome). That's like watching a Woody Allen film and expecting NYC to be like that :mjlol:

I've been to Paris expecting the grit and the dirt, wanting to be amongst the Black diaspora there. Didn't regret it one bit :banderas:

All facts. Always makes me laugh when tourists have this cliché image of Paris and then complain about how it actually is. Hell it was even worse 15-20 years ago. Tons of locals hate the city too :mjlol:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Greece & Dubai always been hot, but they became more popular especially during COVID-19 pandemic because they were relaxed on COVID-19 restrictions.

Crypto & Forex millionaires were balling in Dubai & Greece
Neither was relaxed.. Mexico was relaxed and close and cheap and that's why Tulum blew up like crazy.

Greece JUST opened fully, I know I had to cancel a trip because COVID and went back a month after they opened. That's was September. It was blown up long before that. Dubai been the hot spot destination for decades fam.. They didn't just build that shyt out there in the past two months. Another country that just opened up fully.

Y'all are not traveling like that

africngiant

All Star
Daps
What happened? lol
Not a good idea to travel with a bunch of nikkas
being forced to trick and just feeling judged no matter who im around socially. i always get sideeyed when i try to be positive and go with the crowd. then when im negative cause nikkas dont fw me now im the bad guy and the “team morale” is lowered

that’s why i prefer being isolated and productive

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
being forced to trick and just feeling judged no matter who im around socially. i always get sideeyed when i try to be positive and go with the crowd. then when im negative cause nikkas dont fw me now im the bad guy and the “team morale” is lowered

You will be alright breh
You should consider traveling alone..it's more fun and peaceful
More than 1 person on a trip then you are obligated to care if your companion (pause) is having a good time ,care about their safety or what they enjoy to do

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps

You will be alright breh
You should consider traveling alone..it's more fun and peaceful
More than 1 person on a trip then you are obligated to care if your companion (pause) is having a good time ,care about their safety or what they enjoy to do
This is wild because way back I took some trips by myself thinking it woulda been better to go with my homies at the time but I’m seeing more and more people say traveling solo is way better.

I had a great time when I traveled alone. First time I took a trip with people was vegas and other than seeing fam I ain’t seen in years it wasn’t better like I expected it to be. I stayed a day or 2 after everyone left :ehh:

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Travelin great when you first start doin it and traveled to a bunch of places. It gets played out after a while. Only borin losers keep doin that shyt for years at that point it just escapism from your everyday life for a week, couple weeks cause you disappointed and hate wit where and how ya live, where ya work etc. Investin in where you wanna be at and your actual life >>>>> wont feel the need to travel so much after

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Nah, traveling helps to expand your perspective. You get to think about what life you truly want to live, and appreciate the life you have.
Be real breh. Most mf’s ain’t traveling to expand a single horizon. They going cause it’s the new hype or go where they can exploit the USD being superior to whatever the local currency is.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Tend to agree
They also tend to be the ones whose whole identities are tied to traveling. “Be passport ready” or “catch flights, not feelings” types. Chick I met going to South Africa next month asking for club recommendations. wtf would I travel to a place to do some shyt I can do at home locale?

Taco

All Star
Daps
75% of the reason I travel is for the food (that don’t ever get played out) and the sights and culture are a bonus. I’m sure some people are doing it for the “cool” factor tho. I usually have my best months in sales after a long trip. I always feel rejuvenated. It gets you out your comfort zone and helps you understand different cultures. I always learn the basic words and etiquette of the country I’m visiting, which takes you a long way with the locals. Some will speak some English, and want to help you with spots to go to, and things to do.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Yessss... I remember this thread.
One day this will be said on social media. Go viral.
And nikkaz will finally start to stop frontin.

Been getting busy internationally for a very long time. Most nikkaz ain't start trying to get passports until the last 10-15yrs basically when Instagram started.
I remember nikkaz would look at me crazy for going to the places I was going. Just because I was curious.

Now nikkaz be like "we gotta go here and we gotta go there".
Bruh you late. I got my house and made this sht my paradise, I don't have to buy a paradise for a week.

nikkaz thinking having a passport is some big deal now is almost embarrassing.
nikkaz going to the same spots and showing it off on social media is also embarrassing