Traveling is SO OVERRATED: Most people wouldn't travel if they couldn't post it on Social Media

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Traveling use to be for the rich and well off. Now you have check to check people going in debt to getaway.

Funny how traveling has become so popular amongst the working/broke class. Just as purchasing high-end designer clothing. I find a lot this has become popular at the same rate.

As a person that has been to Spain, France 2x, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Slovenia and the Caribbean, I'm not jealous or hating just making an observation. Usually when I travel it's go meet someone. I don't get a damn about culture or explore.

Seems most people just travel for to show others how successful they are and/or make other jealous.

If they wasn't able to post pics on IG and FB, they probably wouldn't be going.

man, I'm so tired of these broke hoes tryin to stunt by traveling and then turning their nose up if you don't travel enough to meet their standards.

I recently cancelled a chick who told me she expects a man to take her on a mini vacation once a month. WTF I look like potentially financing that kinda excess??? :camby:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Some people on my Instagram only ever post stories if they're out vacationing or at some fancy restaurant some shyt

Like why do you gotta let people know that you doing or where you are

Social media is the devil

Isn’t that the point of social media? What else is there to post about? Pictures from a party down the street or pictures of a family gathering or whatever you are doing.

It’s to post about your life for your followers or friends or whatever.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
man, I'm so tired of these broke hoes tryin to stunt by traveling and then turning their nose up if you don't travel enough to meet their standards.

I recently cancelled a chick who told me she expects a man to take her on a mini vacation once a month. WTF I look like potentially financing that kinda excess??? :camby:

:heh:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with the social media part, and I blame celebrities. For example, Ibiza is the new hot spot. People going out there just to take photos on a yacht all day.

It's just black folk stunting with the travel pics. Yall gotta stop that.
Greece is the new hot spot, particularly islands like Mykonos & Santorini. Funny thing there is more lowkey & cheaper Greek Islands

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate to throw classism into this but others have hinted at it as well. I pretty much avoid all inclusive resorts now because the guests make it unbearable. Loading up their plates with food and stuffing their bags with it, being loud and obnoxious because they think they can, being rude to staff because they think they can, taking pictures of everything down to the most meaningless details. Until my child gets a bit older, I don't think I'll ever go back to one of those.

My wife and I saved up for a year to go to Victoria Falls and then stay with the Masai in Kenya. It was three weeks of crack and completely changed my outlook on life.

I don't want to sound elitist and gatekeepery, because you can still get that feeling paying a fraction and backpacking. To me, that's what travelling is about. The experience and being open to change. Going somewhere else and paying, to be the same as you are and just post pics isn't worth it IMO

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
That's what I'm saying, Ibiza been rocking since the 90s, the hype has died down a bit
You can tell whose actually in the know and who aint

Lol detty December comes around we all going back to Africa because that’s where the REAL enjoyment is

Places like Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Gambia, Nigeria, South Africa. Can’t be beat during that time, insane levels of enjoyment. I would post my IG if I would to show some of things I was doing.

What makes it even more fun is that you have to be plugged in to even find the good spots. A private mansion that can only be reached by boat? They not advertising that to just anybody

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can tell whose actually in the know and who aint

Lol detty December comes around we all going back to Africa because that’s where the REAL enjoyment is

Places like Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Gambia, Nigeria, South Africa. Can’t be beat during that time, insane levels of enjoyment. I would post my IG if I would to show some of things I was doing.

What makes it even more fun is that you have to be plugged in to even find the good spots. A private mansion that can only be reached by boat? They not advertising that to just anybody
December in Africa is the best, folk celebrate the whole month. Diaspora from across the world come to the motherland for Christmas too. Folks don't know about having a BBQ on a Christmas day, with sunshine heat

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what:

Have you watched Anthony Bourdain (RIP to the GAWD)? All that nikka did was eat on his travels, but you would have to be a simple minded nikka (nothing wrong with that) to watch the depth of what he experienced and showed to us, and say, "all he doing is eating, I can eat in my home city".

Part of travelling (not including the vapid social media stunting from a closed off resort) is witnessing first hand how people just like you are impacted by history, politics, food, geography, economics, culture... I'm am avid history buff so I visit museums, historical landmarks and (if possible) converse with everyday folk about the impact of historical events on their lives today.

It's ok not to appreciate that. What I don't get is the putting down of travelling as a hobby that has merit.
Im not putting it down you fukking retard. I just said it’s overrated to me. Also I never said nothing about just staying in my own city just to eat. Even in your own explanation you didn’t say nothin that was super extravagant. I know how people are affected by politics, food, geography, economics, culture. Powerful rich people fukk over people with no money. That’s common sense

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Middle class people used to only travel once a year for vacation in the summer or for a business trip. Middle class people also used to never wear “designer” either until a few years ago. Basic $100k a year is barely middle class in DC, NYC, the Bay, LA. :ufdup:Do you think you’re rich because you make more money than people in flyover country? Their “lower” wages are adjusted for lower local cost of living. If you make basic low six figures in the DMV and you take five trips a year, have a rotation of thousands dollar kicks and hoodies you paid retail for while also paying $2-3k+ a month for rent, also still paying back student loans with high interest, constantly in credit card debt, and paying car note for a car that costs six figures? Guess what? You are an imaginary player too. :umad: